Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: three healing piercings at the same time ok?

Exclamation three healing piercings at the same time ok?

lol

ok so i have had my nose pierced for about 6 wks, it is pretty much healed sometimes i knock it in my sleep and it bleeds but otherwise it is a pretty happy piercing.
    I just got the side of my ear cartilage pierced a week ago had to change the jewelry (was pierced with a cbr and it wasn't to happy so i switched it to a monroe stud - it is much happier!)

so i was wondering if i get my tongue pierced this week is that too much stress on my immune system/body?
    Hi i'm Lauren!

I have: L Nostril R ear Auricle & stretched first lobes ( Left; 6g Right; 8g)

Retired: auricle(right ear)

want: eyebrow ... tongue ... bellybutton .&. Nipps

Ear goal size: 00g
    xxoxo

It all depends on your body. I personally wouldn't, but I think if you eat properly, sleep properly, dont have an immune disease etc you should be fine. But keep in mind that's three piercings to clean all at once... I know of people who have gotten 2-3 ear piercings at once and were fine(granted thats the ear, not your tongue/nose/ear...).

Maybe when you go in mention it to your piercer. If it's a problem, he/she will definitely let you know.

Current expert advice is no more than 3 healing within a 3 month period so you should be fine as long as you're in good health and the other 2 piercings aren't being problematic, your nostril isn't too long off being healed, your ear will be looking at another year or so to be fully healed, your tongue will be horrid for a week or so but heal very fast after that so you'll very likely be fine but after that give yourself a good long rest.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Current expert advice is no more than 3 healing within a 3 month period so you should be fine as long as you're in good health and the other 2 piercings aren't being problematic, your nostril isn't too long off being healed, your ear will be looking at another year or so to be fully healed, your tongue will be horrid for a week or so but heal very fast after that so you'll very likely be fine but after that give yourself a good long rest.
    thanks RedRaven
    Hi i'm Lauren!

I have: L Nostril R ear Auricle & stretched first lobes ( Left; 6g Right; 8g)

Retired: auricle(right ear)

want: eyebrow ... tongue ... bellybutton .&. Nipps

Ear goal size: 00g
    xxoxo

some great advice there-a friend of mine got 6 piercings within a 2 week period recently and is having no end of trouble with at least 2 of them. I currently have 4 healing which was sort of unintentional (one is an industrial so really is 2 piercings which i didn't consider, d'oh!), but happily my lip was done 4 weeks ago and seems to be healing very quickly
    left ear: helix, 2x lobe 1.6mm 1x lobe 5mm
    right ear: industrial, 1x lobe 1.6mm, 1x lobe 5mm
    nostril x 2, side lip, septum, cheek MD, inverse navel

retired piercings: 1x navel, 2x nipple, smiley, 2 x helix, tragus

tattoos-5, more planned

I've currently got 5 healing that i've had over a 5 week period only 1 is a bit sore

For my body 3 piercings at a time is just right. Its good to keep in mind.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

It's not so much about pain or what they are like to start with it's the problems you may get over the longevity of the healing period, plus the effect and strain it can have on your immune system. I personally don't like being ill or having pissy piercings so I tend to stick to 2 or 3 so I don't risk it.

I'm not saying it's impossible to heal more than 3 but time and again we see people having several piercings in short spaces of time go on and on about how they're ok only to start posting thread after thread in the weeks after about how several of their piercings are suffering or they are ill. Yet when you mention the suggested 3 rule they will tell you everything is ok and everything has started to heal perfectly....

Go figure. Each to their own and all that.
    Last edited by Boo; 07-31-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typos!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Fair point Hazel. I am healing 2 at the moment, one new & the other is in its 4th month. I have a navel piercing in 2 weeks & that will be my limit until next year. I like to stagger them a little too.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

I know I already posted in this, but a piercer I was talking to the other day said that it really depends what you're piercing. I have an eyebrow piercing in the end of healing, and a 1 month old daith. And even though the daith is perfectly happy other than the usual crusting as it heals, he said that he wouldn't suggest another piercing UNLESS it were in the same ear as the daith. He said the reason for this was so that the body doesn't have to pay attention to many different areas. It can focus on the ear and eyebrow, instead of like the ear, eyebrow, boobs/navel/lip/whatever.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast