Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: three healing piercings at the same time ok?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Bimbielf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Thanks Moonface. That is something to keep in mind. My ears do weird things I have noticed when they are freshly pierced. (Or I think its weird) They both go red around 3-4pm each day which is the signal for me to give them a saline clean. They can also go red at night as well. It happened when my helix & second lobes were pierced earlier this year. It had settled down by the time I got my tragus pierced & then just happened sometimes. And now with a new Daith piercing the ears are going red again. They are usually red for a few hours or so & then go back to normal colour. Has anyone else had this happen?
    I am quite healthy at the moment & drinking freshly squished orange juice each day so hoping that my body copes well with the navel piercing in a few weeks. I will try & make sure that I get some regular sleep patterns happening too.
    Jo


    Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836


    I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

  2. #12
    Member Greb3021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug-2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I had a cartilage piercing 3 weeks ago which is doing very nicely, got my rook pierced today, and am hoping to get my second lobes done in a couple of weeks depending how the rook is healing. As lobes are pretty easy healers, do you think I should be OK going for them? I'll have 4 piercings healing then (and don't plan on getting anymore after than until November/December time at the earliest, even though it means putting my septum off for a while). What supplements should I take, if any? (I seem to remember seeing something about Vit. C?)
    Sophie

    Piercings: lobes x 1 (l), lobe x 2 (r), 4mm lobe (r) cartilage x 1 (r), rook (r), nipple (r)

    Tattoos: ace of spades with text underneath on ribs

    Want: septum, medusa, conch, forward helix, right nostril, vertical tragus, more tattoos

  3. #13

    Default

    Im dealing with three healing piercings at the moment and its a pain in the ass. They're all over a year old but keep getting re-irritated. The last two I got pierced at the same time but should have had a couple of months in between for healing to allow my body to focus.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Moonface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    Thanks Moonface. That is something to keep in mind. My ears do weird things I have noticed when they are freshly pierced. (Or I think its weird) They both go red around 3-4pm each day which is the signal for me to give them a saline clean. They can also go red at night as well. It happened when my helix & second lobes were pierced earlier this year. It had settled down by the time I got my tragus pierced & then just happened sometimes. And now with a new Daith piercing the ears are going red again. They are usually red for a few hours or so & then go back to normal colour. Has anyone else had this happen?
    I am quite healthy at the moment & drinking freshly squished orange juice each day so hoping that my body copes well with the navel piercing in a few weeks. I will try & make sure that I get some regular sleep patterns happening too.
    My daith did that. About 4 days after I got it pierced it started getting red and pissy often, usually in the evenings. I guess the crust builds up and by the time it's evening-ish, that's when the piercing decides its "enough" and starts getting irritated from it. That's my guess.
    tumblr// facebook

    have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Bimbielf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    959

    Default

    It must be as you say the way the ear says "Enough" "clean me".


    Quote Originally Posted by misscolourful View Post
    Im dealing with three healing piercings at the moment and its a pain in the ass. They're all over a year old but keep getting re-irritated. The last two I got pierced at the same time but should have had a couple of months in between for healing to allow my body to focus.
    Jo


    Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836


    I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

  6. #16
    Senior Member Bimbielf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Its hard to say what your body might do. I had my helix pierced with a BCR in January & the gland at the back of my ear flared up to tell me it was struggling. A week after that I got my lobes pierced & my ear swelled. I did the wrong thing & had them gunned only to learn the hard way by having to take the stud out 2 weeks later & get them changed for labrets. Since that experience it has caused them to be slow healers. The one that swelled on my right side developed some scar tissue at the back but it seems to be much better now & is going well. The other one which was fine at first got snagged on some hair & is still healing & its been 7 months! It keep getting snagged & it has developed a raised small lump on the top hole. I am trying to not move the labret much & avoid the problem of snagging but its hard! But that is my story! It has made me realise that these healing times are approximate only & really depends on a whole factor things. Mine had a bad start. My helix is travelling much better now it has a labret but its not healed yet.

    I would have a chat to your piercer. Regarding supplements I am not taking anything as I am currently taking Vitamin D tablets. But I drink freshly squished orange juice everyday & just try & eat from a range of healthy foods.


    Quote Originally Posted by Greb3021 View Post
    I had a cartilage piercing 3 weeks ago which is doing very nicely, got my rook pierced today, and am hoping to get my second lobes done in a couple of weeks depending how the rook is healing. As lobes are pretty easy healers, do you think I should be OK going for them? I'll have 4 piercings healing then (and don't plan on getting anymore after than until November/December time at the earliest, even though it means putting my septum off for a while). What supplements should I take, if any? (I seem to remember seeing something about Vit. C?)
    Jo


    Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836


    I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

  7. #17
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misscolourful View Post
    Im dealing with three healing piercings at the moment and its a pain in the ass. They're all over a year old but keep getting re-irritated. The last two I got pierced at the same time but should have had a couple of months in between for healing to allow my body to focus.
    Have you eliminated possible causes of irritation?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  8. #18
    Member Greb3021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug-2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    Its hard to say what your body might do. I had my helix pierced with a BCR in January & the gland at the back of my ear flared up to tell me it was struggling. A week after that I got my lobes pierced & my ear swelled. I did the wrong thing & had them gunned only to learn the hard way by having to take the stud out 2 weeks later & get them changed for labrets. Since that experience it has caused them to be slow healers. The one that swelled on my right side developed some scar tissue at the back but it seems to be much better now & is going well. The other one which was fine at first got snagged on some hair & is still healing & its been 7 months! It keep getting snagged & it has developed a raised small lump on the top hole. I am trying to not move the labret much & avoid the problem of snagging but its hard! But that is my story! It has made me realise that these healing times are approximate only & really depends on a whole factor things. Mine had a bad start. My helix is travelling much better now it has a labret but its not healed yet.

    I would have a chat to your piercer. Regarding supplements I am not taking anything as I am currently taking Vitamin D tablets. But I drink freshly squished orange juice everyday & just try & eat from a range of healthy foods.
    I have a pretty healthy diet, including a lot of fruit and fruit juice, so I don't think I'll bother taking anything.

    Unless my rook flares up, I think I'm going to go for the lobes and then just call it a day until probably after Christmas. I don't have the best immune system in the world so I don't want to overload it with healing piercings.
    Sophie

    Piercings: lobes x 1 (l), lobe x 2 (r), 4mm lobe (r) cartilage x 1 (r), rook (r), nipple (r)

    Tattoos: ace of spades with text underneath on ribs

    Want: septum, medusa, conch, forward helix, right nostril, vertical tragus, more tattoos

  9. #19
    Senior Member RoyalBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug-2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I'm currently healing four and I've found as long as you pay attention to cleaning each one and dont slack off they've been fine
    Current piercings: 2x 2 anti eyebrow md, 2x 3rd third eye (vertical forehead) md, 2x chest md, cheeks, vertical medusa, central labret, navel, conch, 4x lobes firsts at 26mm 2x helix, nostril, wrist surface,.smiley, 2x nippes, 4mm septum and 3mm conch punch

    Other body mods: 1.6mm nostril, other conch punch 3mm , other wrist surface, 2x nape md, 1x chest md, labret to 8mm and septum to 5mm

  10. #20
    Senior Member Bimbielf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    959

    Default

    That is good to know!
    Jo


    Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836


    I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •