Thread: can you help me decide!? (nipple piercing)

Default can you help me decide!? (nipple piercing)

I have set my heart on getting my nipples pierced (gonna start with just the right one first) and I can't decide between horizontal and diagonal piercings!! I really like diagonal piercings but I also really like nipple rings rather than bars, but if I got diagonal, would a ring look odd? Would the ring just look wonky? I can't find any pictures of diagonal piercings with rings in so I am finding it hard to imagine how the ring would sit :/

and also.....I've heard some people say that nipple piercing made their nipple bigger, does anyone know if they mean the nipple bit that pokes out or the areola (sp?)?

PLEASE REPLY D

I had this sort of dilemma when I chose which way to have mine pierced. Personally I looked through images, weighed up the pros and cons of ring/bar (for asthetics, not for healing), and just went from there. At the end of the day, you're the one who's going to see it every day, so you've got to be happy with it!
    To answer your question, would a ring look odd in a diagonal;yes, I think it would. Personally I can't imagine it sitting comfortable, but that's just my two cents. I may be wrong, I don't think it makes your nipples any bigger, but it can increase, or even sometimes, decrease sensitivity.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

A ring would look strange diagonally. It would look wonky, yes. And rings are also not good for healing at all, nipple piercings do take a very very long time to heal, so a ring would probably increase the healing time.

The nipple doesn't exactly look bigger, (not on mine anyway) it just seems to stick out more.

maybe get a diagnol in one, and horizontal in the other so you can wear a ring in it? best of both....

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

thanks guys, think I've decided to just go for one diagonal piercing for now and then make up my mind for the second one after a while xx

Good luck
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

thank you just out of curiosity, people with nipple piercings, how would you rate the pain compared to any of these: cheeks, lip, tongue, septum, smiley, navel and scafolding? xx

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    thank you just out of curiosity, people with nipple piercings, how would you rate the pain compared to any of these: cheeks, lip, tongue, septum, smiley, navel and scafolding? xx
    i can only compare to tongue, septum, navel and scaffold. they hurt more than all of those, but the pain was over very quick but with the others they continued to be sore and achey after being pierced

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

I have my lip, tongue, navel and septum but with my nipple I didn't actually feel a thing so I can't really compare! Septum was the most painful (for me) but even that was very bearable and over very quickly. It's very cliched but everyone feels each piercing differently.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    tongue hardly felt it at all, septum sharp sting then over, ear cartilage I hardly feel, nipple was intense but bearable.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<