Thread: Getting nostril pierced with an open ring

Default Getting nostril pierced with an open ring

Is it always recommended to get a piercing with a stud regardless? Has anyone had piercings done with a ring and not had complications?

Would one of the open rings sold by BJS perhaps tend to move about a little less than say a CBR or a segment ring?

It's better for all round healing to be pierced with a nostril screw, an ONR can move about just as much as any ring.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd definitely get it pierced with a stud first, I think it's much easier to clean too

I got mine piercing with a stud first, always recommended. Wait for that to heal and then get a ring. I've actually bought a segment ring and open ring from BJS.

I prefer the open ring because there is no fuss and easy to remove if needed but you do need to re-adjust it slightly after waking up I found. There is no need to adjust a segment ring but I didn't like the lines where the segment is showing when it slides around. Segment ring is easy to open but I found it very difficult to close and apparently you need to either buy the tools or go to your local piercing studio to do put it in for you. I personally don't like CBR's because it always looked like a boogie sticking out my nose to me, haha.
    Last edited by Vizune; 07-14-2012 at 02:15 AM.
    Current Piercings:
    6mm Lobe + Scaffold/Industrial (Left Ear), 2mm Lobe (Right Ear), Right Nostril, Tongue (centre) and Navel.

tbh when i get my nose done again, i want it doing with a segment ring. i had a segment ring in before i had to remove it, and once it was in, it didn't move unless i moved it, and was just easy to leave there and not worry about. when i had a stud in, i'd catch it all the time and rip it out.

but it is right that a stud it advised to heal with.
    Current Piercings: tragus, rook, daith, conch, lobes x 2, VCH, right nipple

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Want: lots more holes in my ears!!

I've had everything in my nose since I got it pierced back in 1994ish, and it was only a few ago that I finally managed to get it to heal and not be problematic at all just by putting a labret in it. I suffer from a lot of colds and allergies all year around, and my nose is much better now for sure. I have a 1.2mm labret in and just change the front when I want something different on.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

I'd recommend a screw over a ring, i think it looks much better too
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

Quote Originally Posted by aldal83 View Post
    I'd recommend a screw over a ring, i think it looks much better too
    Depends on the person. Personally, I prefered myself with a ring than stud

but on an advice note, i would say stud/screw, it's just what worked for me with the ring. xx

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

i did and it broke and fell out in my sleep D:

Quote Originally Posted by chalzo View Post
    i did and it broke and fell out in my sleep D:
    That can happen with a ring or a screw... the ball can come out of the ring if not put in tight enough and then the ring can move round and fall out, or the screw can be caught and pulled out. the labret can unscrew.. i can go on.