Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tragus piercing problem!

Default Tragus piercing problem!

Hi everyone, i got my tragus done about a month ago, and everything was going fine. i was soaking it with regular sea salt and warm water, then i purchased the H2ocean and began using that a few times a day. i soon began to notice that a bump appeared on top. I looked up a few things online and found that it was normal, but a few days ago i noticed it began to grow, and now today when i cleaned it, i went to move the ring around a bit and saw what seemed to be the skin from inside my tragus coming out?? is that possible? does anyone know exactly what this is?? please help! I'm planning to go see my piercer tomorrow but i just want some extra advice on what this could possibly be.
    thanks to all in advance!

Default Tragus piercing problem!

Hi everyone, i got my tragus done about a month ago, and everything was going fine. i was soaking it with regular sea salt and warm water, then i purchased the H2ocean and began using that a few times a day. i soon began to notice that a bump appeared on top. I looked up a few things online and found that it was normal, but a few days ago i noticed it began to grow, and now today when i cleaned it, i went to move the ring around a bit and saw what seemed to be the skin from inside my tragus coming out?? is that possible? does anyone know exactly what this is?? please help! I'm planning to go see my piercer tomorrow but i just want some extra advice on what this could possibly be.

Go back to your piercer and see if you can get the CBR changed to a labret, as rings will rotate and drag crusties through the fistula making the healing process painful and longer. It could be lymph on the jewellery, although you should get it checked out still.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

hey, im having a similar problem to you
    i have had my tragus piercing for about 2 months now, i got it done at the same time as the anti-tragus (much more painful) i noticed after a while my anti tragus piercing had a slight infection but it cleared up in no time and is now fully healed. but i noticed a tiny lump starting to form on my tragus piercing, i thought nothing of it as i know the skin gets irritated and sometime trys to grow over the bar to cover the hole, i just continued cleaning as normal but i woke up today and its turned into a large red lump! im worried, i really dont want to lose my piercing :(

i looked online and 1 website said to soak a cotton wool ball in salt water and hold it over the infection untill water is cold. i was just wondering if any1 else has had a similar problem?

Quote Originally Posted by thisgirl View Post
    Bumps on cartilage piercings are extremely common, there's a link in my sig to a thread explaining what they are and how to treat them. However your main problem is that you have a ring, bumps can be caused by excess irritation, this can come in the form of rings because they twist and turn and annoy the piercing, bars that are too long as they move about a lot, sleeping on it, playing with it, using products on it that are too harsh, using too much salt in a sea salt soak (you only need 1/4tsp to 250ml/8iz water). My best advice, get it changed to a titanium bar.

PS I have merged your threads please only start 1 and stick to it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Danii View Post
    hey, im having a similar problem to you
    i have had my tragus piercing for about 2 months now, i got it done at the same time as the anti-tragus (much more painful) i noticed after a while my anti tragus piercing had a slight infection but it cleared up in no time and is now fully healed. but i noticed a tiny lump starting to form on my tragus piercing, i thought nothing of it as i know the skin gets irritated and sometime trys to grow over the bar to cover the hole, i just continued cleaning as normal but i woke up today and its turned into a large red lump! im worried, i really dont want to lose my piercing :(

i looked online and 1 website said to soak a cotton wool ball in salt water and hold it over the infection untill water is cold. i was just wondering if any1 else has had a similar problem?
    What the bar made from? If it's steel then you may be having a reaction to the nickel it contains and getting a titanium bar in there could help you.

Signs of infection are excessive redness, excessive swelling, very sore/throbbing, oozing dark yellow/green/brown smelly pus, hot to touch. If you have a few of those symptoms then it could be an infection and the only cure is anti biotics from a medical professional. However that type of infection in a piercing is pretty rare.

Again bumps are very common in cartilage piercings. How have you been looking after it? When you say the skin is trying to grow over the bar could the bar be too short? Hot compresses can indeed help with the bump.
    Last edited by Boo; 06-16-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm going today in a few hours, ill see what he says. i dong think its an infection because theres nothing oozing out from it, but the fact that the skin from inside my tragus is pushing out kinda freaks me out. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by thisgirl View Post
    I'm going today in a few hours, ill see what he says. i dong think its an infection because theres nothing oozing out from it, but the fact that the skin from inside my tragus is pushing out kinda freaks me out. thanks again!
    Just sounds like irritation to me, you really do need to get a titanium bar in there, yet some so called professionals will tell you rings are better for some bizarre reason so it's down to you who/what you want to believe. Good luck!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

alright! thanks so much! =]

im treating mine with salt water solution i made myself.. the lump is fine untill i clean it then it stings quiet abit. i suppose thats it healing? ill head to my piercer tomorrow and have them change the bar too and see if that helps. thank you

p.s. sorry to thisgirl for asking my own questions on ur post
    i only registered today so i could get some info and it wouldnt let me make my own
    sorry dear, hope all goes well with ur piercing troubles

It shouldn't sting really, make sure you're not putting in too much salt and remember to rinse afterwards. Hope you both get them sorted out ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast