Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tragus piercing problem!

It shouldn't sting really, make sure you're not putting in too much salt and remember to rinse afterwards. Hope you both get them sorted out ok
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I got mine done with a labret but it bothered me so much. I couldnt seem to clean it properly. I switched it to a bioplast labret to try to heal faster but that didnt help.Once I switched to a ring it healed beautifully! But my husband has his done just recently and it has healed so fast and he has a labret in. I suppose it depends on the person but I would always reccomend changing the material or the peircing or whatever and find what works best for you (after a suitable time of course )

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help. i had my tragus done about 2 weeks ago, i havnt had any swelling the last 2 weeks, abit sore and red some days. i clean it 2x a day with salt water, i try not to lie on the side i have it done, but because i toss and turn quite alot in the night it's hard not to.. anyway last night i was play fighting with my boyfriend and knocked my ear, its swelled up quite alot and is very sore and red, the inside of my ear seems to be worse as i cant feel the back of the ring (if that makes sense). today i've cleaned it about 4x due to being wary off it getting infected ect.... can anyone help? same happened to my surface tragus but that had to come out :( and i really dont want to have to that with my tragus

So I got both of my traguses (?) Pierced about 4 months ago and I'm pretty sure my one of them was rejected. It had been sore for a while and I noticed there was some type of growth on it, but i had read that growth is normal for tragus piercings, so I figured it was just healing and I stopped worrying. However, today the ball part of the the ring inside my ear popped off by itself and now I have a huge red bump left. I was wondering how I should treat that. I dont care about putting the piercing back in, I just want the ugly red bump to go away. Pleaseee help me!
    Last edited by sharkbait; 06-24-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typos

I have the exact same problem mine is huge !! I was using savlon first aid wash and that helped for a while but that makes the skin go crusty so it has to be used carefully !

I learned the hard way with having a ring in my helix. It was much better & started to heal after it was changed to a labret from advice from Hazel & others. That is why when my tragus was pierced I made sure it was a labret. Mine is almost 2 1/2 months & healing well so far. I am careful to not bump it, & clean with saline usually twice and & then rinse. For those with problems that do have a ring, go back to your piercer & ask if it can be changed to a labret. Good luck with your healing.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Shame :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12