Thread: Is this "tattoo leakage"?

Default Is this "tattoo leakage"?

Herroo,

Got this tattoo on Wednesday afternoon (hope it doesn't come up real big!) -

So far it seems to be healing well. Swelling went down in a mere two hours, I've had no redness or intense itchiness, I've kept a good eye on it but at the same time it's just sort of become part of me already and I'm starting to not even notice it! It's overall been a fairly pleasant experience so far! However earlier on today, I noticed just above the bottom NH there was a bit of what looked like black ink smudged. I gave the whole tattoo a very quick clean with lukewarm water and antibacterial soap as I initially thought it might have been a bit of dirt or something, but as I did more and more black ink seemed to be sort of coming away from my tattoo. It was not a worrying amount, only smidgens in select areas. But is this what I keep reading as "tattoo leakage"? If so, is this natural? Is there anything I can do to prevent it or should it be happening? Does this mean my tattoo is starting to dry out and get ready for scabbing? I've read a few places that say it could be due to too much water/Bepanthen on the area - does this mean I should start to curb using my ointment and move over to a standard moisturiser? Sorry for all the questions! Haha.
    ROSIE!

4 piercings
    1 tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Intra_venus View Post
    I've never thought of sex as some big important thing. Just something that feels nice that I like doing. Like going to Thorpe Park, it would be fun with anyone, but doing it with someone you love is an added bonus!

My tattoo on my hip has sort of leaked out of the main design like youve described, its only noticeable up close though. When it was a week old i went to the studio and they had a look and i was told that i was putting too much bep on it and i needed to cut down. So its possible its because of that. They told me a thin layer first thing and last thing were enough

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Yeah I agree, I had that with my scalp tattoo. I thought it was the ink coming out, but realised iit was because I was moisturising too much!! I cut it down and it went away, didn't need touching up

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Does it matter what type of ink is used for leaking?