Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Starting Your Own Studio

dpack_1

Within 3-8 weeks.

Furniture is ordered, couches are all ordered, flooring still being investigated. Once the floor is laid, electrics are run, plumbing is done, then there will be a big flat pack party to put everything together and I should be good to go.

Just dropped off all the equipment i've had sat in my house for the past 6 months this evening.

So glad it finally seems to be coming together!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

dpack_1

Things happen fast.

I've got all the locks and shop front glass replaced (a lot was cracked).

The floor is all cleaned and prepped ready to be levelled out tomorrow.

Couches arrived today, along with a couple heaters that I managed to score for free.

The sign and glass frosting should happen next week.

Phone line and Internet has been ordered.

I've set up my business bank account and expect to hear from insurance companies next week regarding contents, asset and liability coverage.

I am utterly exhausted as the dozens of friends that said they'd 'be there to help with the manual work' are now conveniently too busy to do so, but I'm well aware that in a few weeks time they'll miraculously be free and want cheap work done (screw them, they don't get a discount if they don't help out :P), so I've been doing all the hard labour, the business back end and admin stuff all by myself. The only positive side of all this is a hot bath at night has never felt so damn good!

Here's a couple more pictures of the place being cleaned up. I'll take one tomorrow to show the size of the couches in the spaces where they will be.

There is going to be some electrical and plumbing work done next week, the floor should get laid next week too, and the big furniture comes in the week after. Once all that's done i can apply for the premises license, get my staff to do their personal licenses and then should be all good to go.

Fun, but tiring times.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Ah it's looking amazing Darren, your work is seriously paying off already (I stalk your progress pictures on facebizzle)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

dpack_1

It's amazing what you can do in 10 hours...

If I believed I could be of any use to you I'd help out lol, but being a teeny tiny woman I highly doubt I can lift lots of things haha

It's looking great though
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Looking good, wish you all best with it.

Good luck!
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

dpack_1

After receiving some pretty serious threats, from a local competitor, it was a little scary working alone in the place for a while. Now i've done this:

And you cant see into the shop any more I should be good to carry on getting the place running.

I've started the license process, there's a little more stuff to do on the inside (pics end of next week) and then just snagging stuff like painting bits and pieces and what not.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Sounds scary / sh*tty about the competitor Darren, obviously heard just how amazing you are!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast