Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septum piercing?? :)

Default Septum piercing?? :)

So I'm thinking of getting my septum pierced D!
    I have a few questions though...
    Is there anyway to hide it at school? I need to know because they are getting really strict and not allowing any type of piercing except for earstuds :(
    How likely is it to get infected with proper care?
    If you have yours done, what was it like and how did you handle the pain?
    Will they pierce it through the cartilage or through the 'sweet spot'?
    How long does it take to heal?
    If you lay on your face or something will it get sore?
    So, these are my questions!! You don't really need to answer them all but the ones you can pwease do
    Oh and what do you think of the BCR's?
    Thank you
    Btw its my first non ear lobe piercing

Get it pierced with a retainer and it will be pretty much invisible depending on your anatomy.
    Not likely to be infected as long as it's done by a pro and looked after or just left alone.
    Getting it done stung a bit, never hurt once after that really.
    It shouldn't ever be pierced through cartilage, only through the sweet spot.
    Healing you're looking around 2-3 months.
    It may feel tender if you smush your face against something at first but how often are you going to do that? lol

you may find your eyes water, a lot when you have it pierced, mine didn't at all but most people find their does!

BCR's look nice on certain people to me, I don't think i'd suit one personally.

Also we have an entire thread dedicated to septums here.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yep, it depends on your nose how visible it'll be with a retainer. People caught a 'glint' when I wore steel or titanium, but noone noticed my blackline u-shaped retainer unless they looked directly up my nose.

Mine hurt if I caught anything on my nose for the first month or two (you will be surprised how often this happens getting (un)dressed!) I would think lying on your face would be uncomfortable. The actual piercing was fine, it just made my eyes water (this happens to quite a lot of people just because of where it is). They should pierce through the sweet spot. (unless you specifically discuss it with your piercer and decide you want it through the cartilage for whatever reason, which would mean a much longer healing time!)

edit - As for BCRs - what do YOU think of them? That's all that's important there I don't tend to wear mine down, but I prefer seamless/segment rings, or sometimes circular barbells or pinchers. It might take some experimentation with different diameter rings etc to find what works best for you
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

I had mine done nearly three weeks ago now.
    For me, it reallly, really hurt, so much more than I imagined it to hurt, but even if I knew my experience was going to be that painful I would still go ahead and get it. A lot of people say it didn't hurt for them at all- and it's only a few seconds of pain getting it pierced, and a couple more seconds of hurting whilst putting the jewellery in, and then it's over! Worrying about the pain of something should never stop you from getting something you want (:
    For the first few days it hurt if I blew my nose (it's sods law that you get a cold relatively soon after you get a septum piercing!) but it was more of a stinging pain, likewise if I kissed my boyfriend and my nose pushed against his face it was a bit owwy. Sleeping was absolutely fine though and the rest of the time I didn't/don't even notice it's there.
    As long as you clean it properly it should stay clear of infection. I've done SSS twice a day for the first week, once a day for the second week and now I try to do it once a day but keep forgetting haha so I now clean it once every two days usually, and give it a quick clean whilst i'm having a shower by letting the water run up my nose c:
    They're perfectly easy to hide, just flip it up! I've got mine pierced with a curved barbell instead of a circular barbell and sometimes one side slides across and you can see the ball (hehe) a bit more noticeably if you look up my nose. If it's in it's normal position it's actually quite difficult to see even when you look up my nose.
    I love the look of BCRS, i've bought one to try out when mine's healed. But if you're concerned about hiding it for school it's probably not your best choice... as starlight said, it's what you think about them and not what anyone else thinks about them.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

I just had my septum done and the pain was not bad at all. Really easy to hide. You should go for it.

Hello , I have a septum piercing and don't worry it's very easy to hide it.
    First of all, I recommend you to get a small retainer which it's easier to hide inside the nose and it's very comfortable.
    If an infection happens, it's because either you didn't take care of it /or if you are allergic.
    The pain was ok to handle, to be honest, a mosquito bite is more painful than a needle through the nose, and they always pierce through the spot where there is no cartilage.
    For me it took about a month to heal I think, it only gets sore if someone punchs you in the nose!

Will the retainers fall out? just asking because they don't have any balls at each end

The retainer can fall out only if you're picking your nose, sneezing or blowing up your nose. haha , I know it's disgusting

You just have to be careful.

I'd say it's pretty unlikely for it to fall out. The way they're bent means they don't just slip through your piercing that easily. For it to slip out it'd also first have to flip down, then wiggle about a fair amount. Same way nose screws don't have anything other than their shape to stop them falling out, I guess..
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast