Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with my snakeeyes!!

Default Whats wrong with my snakeeyes!!

Hey, I got my snakeeyes a week before christmas.
    I torn it a cupple times and ive had this white bump on the lefted side for about a month now.
    Sadly i have not got a shorter bar yet, im trying today tho.
    The white bump tends to to go down, then back to how it was the next day.
    please help! i really dont want to take it out. :[

If this is that ridiculous horizontal tongue piercing then I would just take it out, it's probably never going to heal and in my opinion no good piercer would ever perform it. They're just not a viable piercing and I'd worry more about it smashing your teeth to bits really. But yeah bumps are caused by irritation (bad placement, long bars etc), remove the irritation and the bump will likely go, however you'll probably find it will never settle.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yes, It is the "ridiculous horizontal tongue".

Then my comments above still stand, sorry I know it's not what you wanted to read!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I figured that what it was, i have a shorter one and its Bioflex but it makes it worse. My piercer said it would heal one i get a short one, just wanted to see what other people though

Agreed with Hazel. It would not work, this piercing will never ever work. It'll never heal, and it'll do more damage to your teeth. You definitely won't look good with it when your teeth are smashed to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by BMEZine
    Healing and Aftercare

If proper jewelry is used in the proper placement for the individual, healing can take one to two months, and the swelling usually going down around the first two weeks. Healing time can be dramatically lengthened (sometimes over 5 months) with incorrect jewelry and placement.
    Aftercare is similar to that of regular Tongue Piercing, and will require the relearning of such simple tasks such as easting and speaking. It is highly recommended that you take things "slow" during the healing process.
    Long Term Health Issues

If a horizontal tongue piercing is not done properly it will cripple the piercee's ability to speak. This is not necessarily because of damage caused by the piercing, but because the placement of jewelry inside the tongue interferes with mobility.
    In addition, there are serious tooth-chipping risks due to the edgeward nature of the beads. Properly fitted jewelry (ie. the bead should sit flush with the tongue, with no bar showing) will minimize the chances of this, and flat or teflon/nylon beads may also be considered to minimize potential tooth damage.
    Most piercers do not consider this a viable piercing because of the almost unavoidable side-effects.
    Some info from BME above, even they say most piercers won't ever consider this piercing, considering it can permanently injure a client I don't see why anyone would risk it.

Also some threads on this forum with more info:

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/49458-piercing-straight-through-the-tip-of-the-tongue?highlight=snake+eyes
    https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/40030-Snake-eyes?highlight=snake+eyes
    https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/45609-Advice?highlight=snake+eyes

A
    gain all talking people out of it and the mention of it wrecking peoples teeth etc

um they do heal, just saying. theres a guy{not sure his name} whos had his for years with no proplems.
    I knew it came with alot of proplems.

It's extremely rare they do though heal and the piercing in itself is dangerous to perform considering the risk it imposes and the long term health implications as mentioned above and as you're no doubt aware of.

The answer to your question remains the same however, as for any piercing, get appropriately sized jewellery in there, too long = irritation, irritation = bumps. However you'll likely always have some kind of issue with the piercing due to it's nature.

my piercings fine now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast