Thread: Evil Helix >.<

Default Evil Helix >.<

So I got the top of my helix done on Saturday (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/ga...ear-21&cat=all) on both sides. As there's a point on that part of my ear, I thought it'd be cool to get it pierced. Ignore the slightly crusty forward/anti, that one's being fine, as my ears take months to heal ^_^
    That photo is the left one. The right side is being rather.. Evil, so to speak. I've been referring them both to Jekyll (Left) and the Hyde (Right) since yestersday :P

The reason this is, is because the left one's being fine to me. Doesn't mind the occasional accidental bump, being cleaned in the shower, whereas the right one is sensetive and swollen to the touch and doesn't let you get forgiveness if you catch it in your hair! It's actually the first piercing, since my conch, for me to have to take painkillers. I've been using them for two days now and it works for most the day.
    However, this redness/pain thing is driving me mental. I know even though my left ear has it the speed process of healing can decrease, especially as it's more than one piercing the bodies already trying to heal, but is there anything I can do? I'm gonna start using saline solution once a day for a few days, see if it calms it down. Even though it's the first piercing ever for me to actually sting to saline- my other piercings usually love it!

I'm telling you this one's just being evil :P
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

First things first - swap the ring for a barbell or labret. (titanium of course)
    I learned the hard way, rings are not good for healing, especially a helix. They move too much and they're too easy to knock. You have a long road ahead, might as well smooth out the bumps.

Second - get a travel/doughnut pillow so you can sleep on either side with no pressure on your ears.

Out of curiosity, why did you post a pic of the happy one but not the unhappy one?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    First things first - swap the ring for a barbell or labret. (titanium of course)

Second - get a travel/doughnut pillow so you can sleep on either side with no pressure on your ears.

Out of curiosity, why did you post a pic of the happy one but not the unhappy one?
    Yeah, I've always gotten my ear piercings with CBR's. I usually never get any problems pain-wise, though. I just allow myself to be more patient with healing and understand the consequences.

That dougnut pillow is actually kinda a great idea... A bit late, though. I've already mastered sleeping on my back :P

The reason I took a photo of the happy one- noting that I posted these a day after getting them as I wasn't home to upload them on the day -is because it was simply a better photo, and I wasn't gonna upload both ears. Seemed kinda trivial.
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

I got my ear cartilage piercings with rings too, and they all have healed perfectly. *SHRUG* Longer road, but I like the look more.

Finally, someone who agrees with me and doesn't consider me insane! I'd rather wait months for my ears to heal with rings than wait for the bars to heal, the only ear which hasn't accepted it is my conch, so I'm leaving a bar in it for a few weeks/months to heal

I don't like being stuck with the look of bars, it's just... meh... *SHRUG*

Stupid but yeah, like your sig... sensible reason. LOL!

I had my helix pierced with a ring in January before I joined this forum. I kept having problems for the 3 months that the ring stayed in including a lump at the back & front & my gland at the back of my ear was raised. I finally was able to get it changed to a labret & it looked better immediately. But it hasn't been plain sailing as I had bumps to heal. But its looking so much better & the lump at the front is gone & the back is shrinking. But that is my experience. The initial piercing trauma didn't probably help as the piercer put a ring in that was too small & then had to remove it. I probably wouldn't get another captive bead ring in that ear again! I will be waiting until its 100% healed before I consider anything else. The gland is still raised but its much smaller.
    I hope your Dr Jeykl & MR Hyde piercing settle. Great names!
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

jealous it looks really good i went in got my forward helix done wanted industrial but couldnt get it ;/