Thread: I knocked my nose piercing?

Default I knocked my nose piercing?

Had it done 3 weeks so far, everything was fine until today I sneezed, banged my head in the process and also caught my nose piercing. It didn't come out or bleed it was just like a little tug to the side and I deffo felt it lol. Well I cleaned my hands and checked it tonight and inside there is a bump. I know this is common but I think due to knocking it it's because of this. The bump has like swollen to most of the stud and I'm so scared it will swell the full size of the bar then close up over it or something. What can I do overnight to soothe the bump quickly? I've got a Q-tip and I sss'ed it but I don't know if that will really help
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

I doubt it'll cause any ill effect to your piercing, most likely just make it a little sore for a day or so. Clean it if you need to, then leave it be. Don't poke it and feel it for swelling as that'll make it worse. I've bumped and tugged on fresh piercings and while it did hurt and did cause a bit of swelling it never left any perminant damage.

haha it also sounds like you sneeze rather violently like me!

Like Old Husky said, it will probably just hurt for a while. The day after I got my right nostril pierced, I accidently knocked the stud out and couldn't find it, so I had to put an ear stud in it for the night then go back to the piercers the day after to get a new stud. I've had my right nostril piercing for over 1 year and a half now, so your piercing will most likely be fine.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Yes my sneezes are violent haha. I had a few common bumps when I had my nose pierced the first time round but this is like a hugeeee bump :( Strangely it doesn't hurt at all it's just the bump that's bothering me :(
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

no need to worry, just keep an eye on the healing without fiddling with it too much. Any bump may temporarilly slow down the healing of any wound/piercing but the chances are it'll be back to normal and on track in a day or so. You could take ibuprofen to reduce any inflamation if you were worried.

Unfortunately I cannot take iburofen as I'm asthmatic :(

How is it now? Can you go & let your piercer take a look?
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Hope everything's better now
    Pierced: ears x3 (L + R), middle cartilage (L), nose (L)
    Want: tragus, double helix

Tattoos: ivy plant around ankle (R)
    Want: "All that is gold does not glitter" quote, dreamcatcher