Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freeze/Numbing Spray???

Question Freeze/Numbing Spray???

I've had my conch pierced about a year now give or take a few weeks and It's never given me any issue. In 2 weeks I'm planning on getting another 2 conch piercings next to the one I already have. The issue is my old piercer has left the last time she was away I got pierced by someone else in the same piercing studio and it was the worst piercing I've ever gotten. As my old piercer won't be back and I can't find out where she is working now I've been looking for a new piercing place.

There are only 2 piercing places in my town that I would trust to pierce me but i think they BOTH use a freeze/numbing spray.
    I was reading over their reviews which have all been positive going back over 5 years + of reviews. As I was reading the reviews I noticed people were saying numbing spray was used which made me wary as I've been pierced a lot and never had freeze/numbing spray used.

I was wondering is using freeze/numbing spray a good or bad thing? If numbing is a bad thing do you think they would take offense if I asked them not to use it?
    In a weird way I feel like if I got pierced and freeze/numbing spray was used I wouldn't feel like I'd been pierced if i couldn't feel it. i think i weirdly like the feeling of the needle going in.
    In that moment i swear we were infinite....

Piercings I have:
    Double Conch Recent double conch diary
    Click the Link for photos of my conch ⤴ ⤴ ⤴
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

Just ask them not to use it, its fine, you are paying them so you can ask them whatever you want. If they want to use it anyway and don't listen, walk out of there. Freeze spray shouldn't be used anyway, it doesn't do much, and can be detrimental to the healing of piercings. Good shops shouldn't use it.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

You'd feel it anyway because it doesn't even work, can cause chemical burns and delay healing. Ask them not to use it or go to a piercer who knows they shouldn't be using it anyway. Sometimes you have to go out of your own town to find a good piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I had one piercing done with freeze spray and thats when I thought it would work and before I knew any better. All it did was cause me a hell of a lot more pain as the spray hurt a lot more than the piercing!
    Current Piercings: tragus, rook, daith, conch, lobes x 2, VCH, right nipple

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Want: lots more holes in my ears!!

Thanks i'll be sure to make sure they don't use it.
    In that moment i swear we were infinite....

Piercings I have:
    Double Conch Recent double conch diary
    Click the Link for photos of my conch ⤴ ⤴ ⤴
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

I hafta vote for no numbing spray. The piercer should not be offended if you request that she/he doesn't use it, and if they are put off by your request, they may not be the right piercer for you. Actually, I've never even been offered any numbing spray for any of my piercings. But here's the most important reason why you should not use it- besides the fact that it could possibly irritate the piercing- when one gets pierced, there is most likely pain. When the body experiences pain, it immediately starts to pump out endorphins. Endorphins are neurotransmitters that naturally block pain and give one a feeling of well being. That's what people mean when they say they experience a "runners high".

So, by skipping the spray stuff, you're more likely to have natural pain relief and a nice little high to go along with your neat new piercing!

You'll still have the pain because it doesn't stop any pain because despite it's wrongly termed name it doesn't numb a damn thing lol!

In many cases people experience more pain than usual.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

i think it's just used as a placebo, if you get me! when my piercer puts numbing spay on my ears it made me feel like it wasn't going to hurt but now thinking about it it did nothing! i quite like having numbing spray as part of the experience, because i usually get ears piercings i hear it fizz and stuff! but that's just me :P

Hate the stuff, you can request to not use it as others have said. I think it's detrimental to the healing process. Your body produces its own natural endorphin painkillers. Let us know how you get on at the studio?

I firmly believe that if you can't get a piercing because you can't face pain, you shouldn't be getting pierced. Also with a good piercer who knows what they're doing, piercing doesn't hurt.
    Current piercings
    4x L&R lobe (2-00g 1sts *GOAL!*),Conch - Conch Industrial, Left helix, Right daith, Right outer conchx3, Paired nostrils, Centre Lip, Medusa, Tongue, VCH, HCH, 2x inner labia, Septum, double triangle, triangular fossa V.2, tragus V.2, Dahlias

Current Other mods: 14 hours of tattoos and a 2nd generation magnetic implant

"It's not infected. Stop touching it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rowii View Post
    i think it's just used as a placebo, if you get me! when my piercer puts numbing spay on my ears it made me feel like it wasn't going to hurt but now thinking about it it did nothing! i quite like having numbing spray as part of the experience, because i usually get ears piercings i hear it fizz and stuff! but that's just me :P
    Sorry but I think any piercer that even uses it should be well avoided, it can cause chemical burns and delay healing, it's idiotic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast