Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freeze/Numbing Spray???

When I got my first few piercings (spider bites done one two occasions), the piercing shop I went to used numbing spray. They also used it for my 3 surface piercings... They also used plastic flexi bars though so that probably says something... When I got my most recent piercings done, I used a different shop. I had snakebites done and I commented "That hurt a lot more than the first time." She asked if I'd had it numbed and went on to explain that in no circumstances should numbing spray be used on or around your mouth and nose. I wouldn't use the other shop now after the botched all of my surface piercings and I'm pretty sure didn't do my dermals right.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Sorry but I think any piercer that even uses it should be well avoided, it can cause chemical burns and delay healing, it's idiotic.
    i guess i'm lucky really because all my piercings have healed quite quickly and i haven't had any bad experiences with them. But i will ask not to have it in the future- rather be safe then sorry!

Thanks for all the replies
    Last edited by Adorkable_Monroe; 06-19-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    In that moment i swear we were infinite....

Piercings I have:
    Double Conch Recent double conch diary
    Click the Link for photos of my conch ⤴ ⤴ ⤴
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

good luck! (if i'm not too late haha)

i know that freezing and numbing spray is bad, but i had my lip numbed (the first one) and it didn't hurt at all, like.. at all. and it healed within a month or two and there was no signs or over-swelling or anything. idk, i've not had any others numbed, apart from my navel, i was scared so he 'froze it' but i think it was just cold water tbf because it was in a different sort of spray tub thing than the numbing stuff was when i had my lip done.
    poh of the undead~

face: septum, cheeks
    oral: smiley, tongue web, venoms
    right ear: horizontal industrial, 16mm stretched lobe
    left ear: 2mm lobe
    retired: spiderbites (don't look right with cheeks) and my 2 collarbone dermals

I had numbing spray on when I had my belly pierced but it seriously felt like water and did nothing lol
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

I once went for a piercing when I was living in Essex and asked if he used the numbing spray he said only if I wanted him to.
    I think it's your choice really

Just ask them not to use it for your comfort, I'm sure they won't if you ask. if they insist on using and you don't feel comfortable then don't go there, i'm pretty sure you'll be able to find another place

Quote Originally Posted by Summergale View Post
    Let us know how you get on at the studio?
    They'd recently changed piercer and there was no mention of freeze spray so I guess they ditched using it. Their new piercer actually only works 11am till 2pm Monday to Thursday so I think they will be changing piercer again soon to someone more permanent. It all went well posted in the Piercing experiences & Dairy section here LINK <-----

Thanks again for the replies
    In that moment i swear we were infinite....

Piercings I have:
    Double Conch Recent double conch diary
    Click the Link for photos of my conch ⤴ ⤴ ⤴
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

I guess one good thing about the piercing industry in America is that I've never even heard of anyone at a shop using numbing spray.
    The idea of it freaks me out; it kind of seems like it would make the skin tougher to pierce. Also I remember seeing someone on here who got a bad chemical burn from it so I'd never let the stuff anywhere near me. I really don't see why piercers would insist on using it since a piercing is such a quick pain!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

There are a couple shops around me that use it. Its definitely here in America :p
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast