Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redness/Wierd problem with nipple piercing?

Post Redness/Wierd problem with nipple piercing?

I got two horizontal- on left and right side - three weeks ago this coming Saturday. With both of them there's just been lymph every 8 or so hours- after work, after sleeping (though for some reason it gets dry and sorta itchy at night, it's probably the bedsheets catching) but I just clean it off.

But for how long I don't know is that the left nipple piercing, on only one side of the piercing, the hole seems sorta big, if you know what I mean, kinda deep down into the skin, I can't really explain. But I got out the shower just 10 minutes ago and noticed it's kinda red. It's not sore or painful to the touch or anything. No wierd coloured pus. Just the lymph.

I'm assuming it's just settling into the skin/position or getting banged during the day and sleep and just causing a little irritation. But just making sure about the complete possibilities

I did have this slight fear it was a migration, though there's no swelling, bumps, etc. And it's only on one side of the piercing. The other side is fine.

Oh, as for aftercare. I've been washing it with ordinary water in the shower 1/2ce a day. But I have been using Sea Salt once or twice every few or so days. No one question my method much, here. It's always been efficient for me and my piercer. But if it's suggested I move to Sea Salt for a week or two, I'm perfectly happy to do that
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

I had that on my healing nip nip, I got a longer bar in mine as it started sinking into that 'dent', and it took about a month to disappear.... It's like a dent on one side am I right?

If so, your assumption is correct, it's just settling into position. Mine has disappeared completely now, and my nipnip is almost completely healed, still get crusties, but less and less each day!

I'd just use the LITHA method, it's the best I've found. I've been doing that and all my piercings are so happy.

Yep, LITHA is the way to go :P Right now it's so damn itchy, though, hehe, driving me mental >.<
    I've got a barbell in mine. I think the sizing is perfect. Not so long it sticks out and looks ugly, but not so small it puts any pressure on the skin
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

Then that's just fine. My barbell was a bit too tight so I had to lengthen it, as it got sucked into the 'dent'. :p

Lol! Try and put ice on it or something cold, that'll hopefully ease any itching and swelling too! :p

Lol, my barbell likes sinking into the dent, too :P As much breathing space as it has, evil bugger

Arh, I shall try, thanks

Yeah, maybe it's not so good a size if it's sinking into the dent, because mine stopped sinking into the dent when I got the longer barbell. Because I realised my barbell was perfect size when my nip was hard, but when it was 'resting', one of the balls would sink into the dent... and it irritated my piercing. :p So I got a longer bar to accommodate my 'resting' nipple.

Remember, itching is a good sign!

Have you tried EMU oil? Pure EMU oil is excellent for piercings old and new. Piercings do also itch when they are healing
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Quote Originally Posted by Lolarofl View Post
    Yeah, maybe it's not so good a size if it's sinking into the dent, because mine stopped sinking into the dent when I got the longer barbell. Because I realised my barbell was perfect size when my nip was hard, but when it was 'resting', one of the balls would sink into the dent... and it irritated my piercing. :p So I got a longer bar to accommodate my 'resting' nipple.
    Well, what I meant is that the right one fits perfectly, as in the bar shows what size regardless what my nipples are doing :P But the right one.. Yeah, both barbells are the same size but either my left one's swollen from the irritation or genuinely bigger than the other :P Though I have a feeling it's irritation, as it wasn't doing this for a while.

I'm seeing my piercer Saturday, anyway. I'll ask her to change it while I'm in a clean sterila enviroment ^_^

I've wanted to, for many years. But everytime I go to the herbalist they ''just ran out'' that morning or a few days before. It's not a good excuse, I can always buy it from the net, but it's sooo expensive per bottle!

Just buy a 60mm bottle, you only need the smallest amount of it. Usually about 6 for 60mm will last ages. I swear by the stuff. Im not normally one for magic creams etc but it is good stuff.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast