Thread: Real dumb question - can I keep the ball bit of a BCR INSIDE my mouth?

Default Real dumb question - can I keep the ball bit of a BCR INSIDE my mouth?

I'd imagine there's more chance of losing it this way, but I have a fairly small diameter ring and the ball is getting in the way of well, everything

I aim to swap for a segment ring eventually, but is it ok for now?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have a side lip piercing!
    Last edited by thelastsurvivor; 05-20-2012 at 11:46 PM.

You'll probably find you will catch it on your teeth a LOT. At least, I find that when I wear my BCR or a horseshoe in my labret and it rotates, the ball annoys the hell out of my teeth. You may find it starts to rub your gum a bit as well.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

A girl I went to college used to do this;tbh it'd be bad for your teeth and gums, obviously, but provided you know that and you're aware of it, you might not catch it as much.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I've done this before & yes, it's ok short-term. I don't really see how it'd be easier to lose the ball this way though, unless the ball is super-loose or something.

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

You could get a smooth segment ring, which would be alot more comfortable to wear, like this vvv

Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

I tried keeping the ball inside my mouth with a circular barbell but it just felt really uncomfortable, constantly knocking against my teeth and whatnot. It would also move when I talked, meaning I had to reposition it all the time.