Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scarification: My Journey.

Default Scarification: My Journey.

I was always going to get a scarification piece. I'd just never thought when or what of. A couple of days ago, Kyle (of Old Town Tattoo, Edinburgh) posted a status saying he had a design up for grabs. I was in the studio, asked to see it and LOVED it. He was all ready to go there and then but I held myself back. Given my past with self harm, this is something I needed to mentally prepare myself for.

I got home and I really thought about. I came to the conclusion that it most definitely was not for me. It was more of a mental block. He would be using the same instruments I used to tear myself apart for 11 or 12 years. I just couldn't get my head past it. So that was that settled... I was going to pass it up.

Then I got up this morning and was talking to Kyle on facebook. I suddenly found myself with an appointment for 2 hours later. Yep, I was going to do this! I'm not going to let my past dictate my present and future. I was doing it. Scared? I was terrified. I'm a big wimp.

So I had a big pasta lunch and Colin and I set off. I was that eager to get there SOON that we got a taxi as waiting around on buses would give me ample time to wimp out!

Once inside, the stencil was on etc etc. Same procedure as a tattoo! Perfect! Then the cutting began.

For the first 30 or so minutes, it was great. A nice feeling! No pain, sting, discomfort whatsoever. Then the pain kicked in. And yes, it was sore but it was bareable. Very! I had Colin in with me and Kyle I consider a friend so it was a really great experience. Totally chilled out and good chat with good people. It was a lot of fun!

So he cleaned it down, took a photo or 2, then packed and wrapped it. We stayed for a smoke and a chat before leaving and, once it was wrapped, it just felt like a fresh tattoo.

Sitting on the bus home and now, sitting on the couch at home, it feels just like sitting on a fresh tattoo. Given the placement, I can't much help sitting on it!

You're going to have to wait till Kyle uploads the photos. Those of you I have on facebook can get a sneaky peek at the 2 I just uploaded but they're really rubbish so I'm not going to put them here.

I'll be updating this thread as much as I remember to. I plan to keep this wee spot on the interwebs to document how it heals over time with lots of photos
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Ive just seen the pictures on fb. I Love it!
    Im really tempted to get something small and simple. Il be following this to see how it heals up

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Wow I usually cringe at the thought of scarification but that's great, hope it heals well for you and I'd love to read about it when you make future posts!
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

Can't wait to see how it goes, so rare to find a diary for scarification! It looks awesome and I am super mega jealous!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

looks amazing!

Thanks!

Just had my first bath to clean it.

Oh. My. God. It hurt.

Im hoping to get some scarification next week and this diary has filled me with confidence
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix