Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im planning on hip piercings

Default Im planning on hip piercings

can someone help me out as ive looked around for info but havent had alot of luck with what im looking for

basicly for this type of piercing im thinking of surface bars vs micro dermals. whats the pros and cons of them both.
    from the pain experiance to the healing and all inbetween good and bad things

thanks

ive never had a surface bar so i cant tell you about those, but i do have hip microdermals. got them almost a year ago now, hardly painful while they were being done & it was very quick, couldnt feel them at all afterwards unless i caught them/touched them but they healed very quickly & have shown no signs of rejecting so far. they do occasionally get a bit red/irritated if im unwell but they settle down as soon as im better & thats the only trouble ive had from them

I would personally go for MD's over Surface bars. They tend to last longer, with regards to pain both of mine were numbed so I didn't feel them at all really although I'm not sure on the removal method of Micro dermals over surface bars.

Both are good though, maybe try having a surface bar first to see how it is to cope with, if you like the look etc then go for an MD afterwards.
    Piercings; Industrial, Pinna, 10mm Lobe, Tragus, 10mm Lobe, Tongue, Septum, frenum & Labret

Retired:
    Tongue x2, Nipple x2, Left Collarbone, Hips, Scaffold, 20mm Stretchers (L + R)

Tattoo's & Scarification
    Claddagh - Right Wrist
    Panda - Right rib
    Quote - Left rib
    Celtic Cross - Back of the neck
    "Jack" - Left Shoulder
    Freehand tree - Left side of back
    Symbol on left calf - Scarification

Photobucket - http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp308/Riv08/

Would it be dumb to do this. Go for one surface bar hip piercing? If I get on ok have the other done if not get dermals on the other side. I'm sure they can do it so the match right?
    :/

yeah that would be fine i only had MDs on one side of my hip to see if they would survive, they have so im getting them on the other side as soon as i can afford them

I think thats a great idea if thats what you feel would be the best for you to do
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Quote Originally Posted by Chansu View Post
    yeah that would be fine i only had MDs on one side of my hip to see if they would survive, they have so im getting them on the other side as soon as i can afford them
    Can I ask how much you paid.
    I know mds cost a little more than a surfce bar but of course it's because they have a higher chance of surviving plus hips tend to move a lot more than most parts of the body

I had a surface bar on one side of my hip. It lasted almost 3years which is a hell of a lot longer than most peoples but ive had it out a year now and the scar is still horrific. I wouldnt even consider surface bars now as i dont want anymore scars like it.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Did it reject or did you just take it out? How did you get in with it with movement

It began to reject so i took it straight out. It was fine with movement for me, the only time i ever caught it was when i was sat down and wearing jeans as it used to get caught it the loops.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast