Thread: Is my Industrial/Scaffold suitable of my anatomy?

Exclamation Is my Industrial/Scaffold suitable of my anatomy?

I went and got a industrial thingie today. I've held back for getting one for a while because of my very small awkward ears. But I spoke to my usual piercer (whose pierced everything I've got, and she's a qualified health certified piercer and I've had no problems with her)

She showed me, in the mirror, the two positions I could do. I could have it originally going accross the ear, but very tucked in, hiding behind the helix , or something a little unusual. I liked the way she was thinking and went for the latter.

Though, now I'm home, I'm a little concerned if my ear is really going to support it...

This is my industrial piercing:
    https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/ga...m/IMG_1746.JPG

This is about 4 months before my industrial piercing:
    https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/ga...19916114_n.jpg

Specifically the bottom of the bar, closer to the lobe. Is that swelling? Or is it a misplacement issue?
    I don't know but I feel very unnerving about all this
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

Hmm, initially when I just looked at the one with the piercing I thought that looked ok, but it does look different to how it was before. Like you said, it might just be some swelling, I'd give it a few days and see how it goes
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

I've decided to give up on it and remove it. Not only I was worried about it damaging and collapsing my ear I'm just not sure I liked the look of it. Also theres the looking after the bumps which I get over 90% of the time on my ears, and they're even more likely so with industrials. Ear piercings are horrible painful experiances for me.
    Oh well, at least I got it half price because I got my nipples done (which I'm really happy about ^_^) at the same time, we all make mistakes if you get as much metal in you as I get :P
    I think I'm gonna give up on ear piercings for a while, and everything else as I can't wear anymore for work.
    Last edited by Quaver; 05-05-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

oh thats a shame :( although i will say your ear is screaming for a rook piercing

dpack_1

Good thing you took it out really, it NEVER would have healed like it was and most likely would have started embedding along the antihelical fold which would have proven to be extremely painful for you.

You certainly have a unique anatomy there for a double tragus, possible a vertical industrial if you remove the conch and maybe a few other things.

ooh yeah double tragus! i never noticed that before. pretty sure i dont even have room for a single tragus with my tiny ears haha :(