Thread: surface piercings on collarbones questions

Default surface piercings on collarbones questions

hello! long time no see everyone!

so, me and my friend are thinking of going out next monday for may day, since we don't have school and stuff and she's really been wanting her nape doing, so we agreed to go get that done (assuming the shops are open, i actually haven't checked) and i thought, while i'm there i might get my collarbones done. well, not through them, below them with surface bars haha. so i'm actually quite nervous already thinking about it, i've not had a surface piercing before, so i was wanting to know what kind of pain i should be expecting? is it the same as the 'through' piercings like lips, septum, ears?
    also, i know alottttt of people are really against numbing cream, i know that, but i was wondering how well that EMLA cream works? the friend mentioned it because i was all 'eurrrh never had a surface before don't know how much it'll compare' being a wuss as usual really. so i looked it up and i've seen that it can be used for piercings and tattoos too. i know it'll hurt either way, but for me it really is a 'in your head thing' my belly bar was supposedly 'freezed' but i genuinely think it was just cold water to make me think it hurt less, and i think that's why it hurt less than i thought it would, sooo.. plus it'll be like 2 piercings in one sitting kind of :')

thanks for any help and things, getting all worked up and stuff already, it's only friday :')
    poh of the undead~

face: septum, cheeks
    oral: smiley, tongue web, venoms
    right ear: horizontal industrial, 16mm stretched lobe
    left ear: 2mm lobe
    retired: spiderbites (don't look right with cheeks) and my 2 collarbone dermals

I had a surface piercing done a few weeks ago and i told the piercer i was crapping myself, he did use the freeze spray - i didnt expect it to be numbed, but i was like omg omg omg as ya do its alot of skin to pierce and even when i had one side of my lip frozen it still hurt but you know what, here was my reaction as i didnt watch lol
    i said.. omg is that it?
    i totally didnt feel a thing at all! when people in the street ask me tho i say yes very much lol

it hurts afterwards tho. sort of. few hours i found it not to hurt as to say but sore so i left the plaster on overnight so i didnt catch it
    erm if i did catch it in my sleep i will tell you now you know that sharp stabbing tooth ache pain? thats what it feels like, if i knocked it in my sleep id feel that sharp pain and instantly wake so just be very carefull. id reccomend buying a box of the band aids and just keep wearing them at night, next time im gonna do that.
    i hope this helps

I just wanted to add something, the clamps hurt more lol which my piercer did say, and they did as they have to be tight to hold that skin but i felt no needle going in and no needle coming out
    so go for it, id definatly get more, and please let me know how your experiance goes as im tempted to get what your going to
    Last edited by dumbblonde; 05-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.

thank you so much for the reply!

the piercer i'll *most likely* be going to doesn't use any numbing or freezing spray, so i'll be going 'natural' haha as we call it! hmm, you've said it too that you didn't watch and alot of people tell me that it's less painful if you don't watch, but i watched all of mine apart from scaffold (obviously) and my belly button.. and they still hurt preeeeetty bad :').
    the afterwards pain i can sort of deal with, the dull aches, the soreness, swelling, nasty pain when you catch them, i can deal with those alright, it's the actual staaaaaab that i hate hate hate :( i'll be sure to try and keep it covered for bed then, thanks for that heads up! i may have to be careful at school too, i get pushed around alot..
    hehe yeah my friend said that about her hips because you gotta make sure you keep all the skin bunched.. but! the guy said that about my lip, and i couldn't really feel pain from clamps and the piercing hurt a bit aha.
    i will definately make sure to post an experience diary! eeee only tomorrow haha
    poh of the undead~

Im excited for you, i look forward to seeing pics, and let me know how it felt un numbed, i cant see it hurting

Under the collar bone?! Isn't that dangerous? o.o... unless you just mean on top of the collar bone? o

i think she means getting it peirced just below her collarbone. not actually going underneath the bone haha like where my skin divers used to be?

yes yes not through my bones :')

just a surface bar on either side i think i want them 1-2cm below where my collarbones pokey out
    poh of the undead~