Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conch piercing placement and healing! HELP!

Default Conch piercing placement and healing! HELP!

Hi everyone,
    Yesterday I got my inner conch pierced and I'm really not too happy with the placement. The ball is physically unable to sit flush against the skin on the inner side of my ear due to the angle of the piercing. The back of the barbell that it's pierced with sits against the side of my neck allowing no room for the bar to be pushed back enough.
    The piercing is also angled in such a way that the back of the barbell is angled upward rather than straight through or slightly down at the back.
    Not sure what to do. I love the look of the piercing, but the angle is definitely not right. Does anyone know if it is possible for the piercer to remove the piercing and re pierce straight away at a more suitable angle, or will I have to remove the jewellery and let it heal before thinking about doing it again? I am going back tomorrow to see what can be done but, until tomorrow I'm just sat worrying about it! Also the piercing itself is feeling fine, I've just got a awfully achey jaw for some reason! Anybody else have an achy face after an ear piercing?!

The placement might be looking wonky due to swelling. If I were you I would wait a little bit for swelling to go down and then see if the placement looks better
    But if youre going to see your piercer tomorrow they should be able to help you with all of this.
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure I'm over reacting! Hate having to wait to get something sorted though! Will keep this updated and post pics when I can. I'm still a noob so don't have enough posts at the moment for me to be able to post any links or pics

You could always take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen to make the swelling go down and see what it looks like, I think.
    Now:

Later:
    tongue

Tattoos:

You should definitely take it out asap, wait for it to heal (this should only take a few days since it was just pierced). Make sure you clean the wound with antibiotics meanwhile. Then you can get it repierced in a different area. If you want it repierced right over the old one, you should wait a few weeks.

Thanks guys, I've been taking ibuprofen. I don't think its specifically swollen to be honest, but I really dont think it would make a difference. I'm definitely going to get him to remove it either way because I'm really not happy with it. Just a bit of a bummer, hoping he will either re-imburse me or let me get it done again for free in a few weeks. Will see what he says tomorrow afternoon! :(
    Piercings
    Left ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, outer conch, inner conch and helix.
    Right ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, inner conch.

Retired
    One x helix piercing on each ear, inner conch, two x inner helix, tragus.

What a shame, hope it works out. It took lots of time deciding where my IC was going to sit because I wanted the stud level with my tragus stud. My piercer explained due to ear anatomy it would have to be slightly angled. You can only really tell if you look sideways on at the front then back of the jewellery. The back of the stud is almost touching my head.But it looks spot on. I had an achey face yeah..just really tell your piercer what you want and hopefully he'll get you there.
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Quote Originally Posted by vek555 View Post
    You should definitely take it out asap, wait for it to heal (this should only take a few days since it was just pierced). Make sure you clean the wound with antibiotics meanwhile.
    This is complete nonsense.

If you're unhappy with placement and think it's poor do as you mention and go back to the piercer asking why it's placed as it is. Deffo wait a few weeks (not days) for the area to heal again, do one last soak after removal and leave it alone to heal, no need for anything to be put on it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I hope every thing goes well for you!
    Now:

Later:
    tongue

Tattoos:

Hi guys, I went back to the piercer today after a nervous wait at work. I really didn't want to piss my piercer off because I go there for all of my piercings so didn't want to walk in all holier than thou! But everything is fine. He explained why he pierced it at such an angle but told me that he was more than happy to remove and re pierce in over a weeks time. He also said that I wouldn't have to pay again, which is fab. So that was the shortest amount of time I've ever had a piercing! But yes, bit tender at the moment. The removal of the bar hurt more than the actual piercing but nothing too excruciating.

Excited to go back and get it corrected some time in the next couple of weeks when it's healed up. Very relieved that I'm not being poked in the back of the neck any more, too!

Think I'll pop back when I have enough posts so I can show you guys pictures of before and after result!

Thanks for helping a noob!
    Piercings
    Left ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, outer conch, inner conch and helix.
    Right ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, inner conch.

Retired
    One x helix piercing on each ear, inner conch, two x inner helix, tragus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast