Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conch piercing placement and healing! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Deffo wait a few weeks (not days) for the area to heal again, do one last soak after removal and leave it alone to heal, no need for anything to be put on it.
    Thanks hun, will be doing a salt soak tonight and then just cleaning my other ear piercings as normal
    Piercings
    Left ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, outer conch, inner conch and helix.
    Right ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, inner conch.

Retired
    One x helix piercing on each ear, inner conch, two x inner helix, tragus.

Yay, I have enough posts to include a picture. This is how it was from the front. The ball would not sit further back than that as the back of the labret stud was touching the side of my neck as you will see...

And this from the back. Seemed to be slightly pushing into the back of my neck. I wasn't too happy as I wanted to ultimately wear quite a fat barbell in when it was pierced and went in expecting that it would be angled downward at the back.

It's been taken out now and I will be getting re pierced later next week depending on how comfortable I feel with the healing of this one.

Piercings
    Left ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, outer conch, inner conch and helix.

Retired

Sorry about your conch, hope it heals quickly for you.
    Wanted to ask you about your forward helixes if you don't mind! I want these, possibly 3 if there is room. Did you have them done at the same time? What did you have them pierced with and what were they like to heal? TIA xxx
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Hiya Stella,

I was actually in the process of getting three (that was/is my end goal) I didn't get them done at the same time though - but I wanted to. I had them done about a month apart and neither of them are healed yet. I only had them done in mid feb and mid march, so I'm not expecting anything to be healed completely.

The first one I became a bit lazy with. I had them both pierced with a needle at 1.2mm gauge with a CBR (I think - whatever the bog standard size) and it was fine, no pain and I didn't tend to knock it on anything so it was going swimmingly until I began to think it was healing pretty well and I think I must've slept on it a bit heavily, or knocked it in my sleep, as I got the dreaded bump on it. Nothing too spectacular, it comes and goes when it's feeling irritated.

I intended to get the other two pierced at the same time when I went back after my first one, but my piercer recommended that I just have the one since my first one was still playing up. So I'm just mid process of the healing really. Both have become irritated, but nothing major, I'm just being persistent and making sure I'm keeping them clean. I may or may not go back for my third, most likely going to be later rather than sooner as I want to give these two a chance to settle a little first.

I'm getting the rings changed to barbells later on this week hopefully, so I will let you know what that's like - hopefully will be a little less clunky and maybe put a little less pressure on the piercings, fingers crossed, so they will settle down.

My friend had her first two done at the same sitting, and then a third around a few weeks later once the piercings had settled. She got hers pierced with a short flat back labret studs and they look lovely. I'd recommend getting them done, but just be patient and careful with them - (I'm sure you know what you're doing, given the number of piercings you have already!) I can't wait to change mine to barbells - if you can get them pierced with those, I'd probably do that instead of rings as they seem to bash together a little which I think has delayed healing slightly.

x
    Piercings

Retired

Thanks for that Neeny. I definitely don't want CBRs as the initial jewellery, for all the reasons you have described above. I am interested to see what size barbells they change yours to, please post more pics. I am struggling to imagine what it will look like when newly pierced with a barbell/labret stud. I don't know if the curled over part of my helix will be deep enough to hide the back of a labret. A small ball on the back of a barbell would work, but Im wondering if the stud would stand up from my ear until the shorter bar is put in. Or maybe curved barbells would be better. Anyone know? My ear/helix is a very similar shape to yours, just very, very small. I am thinking of having them done one at a time, I really want them to heal well. I love the look of triple forward helixes, so pretty and feminine.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Quote Originally Posted by *Stella* View Post
    I am struggling to imagine what it will look like when newly pierced with a barbell/labret stud.
    My friend had really, really short labret studs put in. You can SLIIIGHTLY see the rim of the flat back of the stud but nothing major. I can't find a picture of hers though unfortunately. I went back to get them changed the other week and he was going to put these barbells in which i think are around 5mil in length, but they were just that bit too tight because of the irritation bumps I've formed recently (boo).

He's ordered some more in for me and I should be getting them fitted on Saturday. I will show you what it looks like with them in if it all works out ok!
    Last edited by Neeny; 05-02-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Piercings

Retired

I hope second time round its perfect!
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    I hope second time round its perfect!
    Thanks, Jo! Me too...! Nervous!
    Piercings

Retired

Where abouts did you go for the piercing out of interest?
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Quote Originally Posted by *Stella* View Post
    I am interested to see what size barbells they change yours to, please post more pics.
    Hi Stella, I finally got my rings changed to barbells. Unfortunately the positioning has worked out way off from what I originally wanted. I think my lower piercing has migrated slightly due to problematic healing on my part. I would definitely recommend getting them done with barbells/labret studs if you can so your piercer can see exactly where the next stud should go.

On the plus side though, I quite like how they ended up looking. I know there's no more room for the third piercing that I originally wanted but I think it looks quite cool with the two directly above one another, and it kinda lines up with my original lobe piercing.

So looks like I'm not getting a third, which is a bit of a bummer but also good because I really can't be doing with another one for the time being as I'm getting my conch re-done on friday, eek! Definitely try to get studs if you get yours! I don't want you to be disappointed!

Here's a pic, made it black and white as they're still a little battered from being changed at the moment and are a little red. You get the jist. You can also see the tiny dot where my first inner conch was. I will update with more pics next week, fingers crossed I will get a better placement on my next one!
    Piercings

Retired

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast