Thread: Good jewellery for unstretched lobes

Default Good jewellery for unstretched lobes

Hi, so I've taken to wearing stud earrings in my two pairs of lobe piercings... but I'm wearing little studs with stones in from Claire's Accessories. I love the colours I started off with, and the little stones, but (without actually saying cheap and nasty; because nasty they're not) you get what you pay for at Claire's. And I'm looking for something a little more substantial. I'm girly enough to want dainty stones, or little hoops/studs, and colour but I don't know where to look. I'm very tempted to order tiny barbells but uncertain about what length to go for and so hesitant... Does anyone have any ideas where I could obtain some similar jewellery but more substantial??? Aside from here. Or what sort of barbells might work?
    Hope my question actually makes sense!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

You can get little jewelled balls for barbells on Crazy Factory and other pretty attachments. I think my barbells are around 5mm long in my lobes. Ive not had much luck with anything blue off CF but everything else ive had has been fine
    Last edited by Lyssssa :); 04-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Cool. This may sound like a stupid question but how long barbell and what gauge would you suggest? Only ever been able to wear traditional earrings before (even the fake mushroom plug I bought on a whim was actually to thick to be comfortable to wear...)
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Quote Originally Posted by RedFae View Post
    Cool. This may sound like a stupid question but how long barbell and what gauge would you suggest? Only ever been able to wear traditional earrings before (even the fake mushroom plug I bought on a whim was actually to thick to be comfortable to wear...)
    What gauge was the fake plug? JoBananas do 1mm barbells, those might be better for you?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks! I actually don't know- I didn't see a gauge on it. I've been perusing jewellery sites looking for a 1mm one (primarily because its the smallest!) and haven't got to jobananas just yet.
    Thanks to you both :-)
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

It may be worth considering stretching up to a 16g or even 14g, as it'll open up more options jewellery-wise. Have a look at labret studs too, a lot of people find the flatbacks comfortable
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Quote Originally Posted by starliight View Post
    It may be worth considering stretching up to a 16g or even 14g, as it'll open up more options jewellery-wise. Have a look at labret studs too, a lot of people find the flatbacks comfortable
    I have labrets in most of the piercings in my ears. Mostly my non lobe ear piercings, and they are so comfortable. I have them in 1.2mm and have lots of different balls/stone balls/spike fronts for mine. Depending on what front you choose can change how girly or non-girly they look.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.