Thread: Tragus Help! Is this a keloid or scar? w/ Pics

Default Tragus Help! Is this a keloid or scar? w/ Pics

Okay, so my tragus is 10 months old. I had it pierced back in June and noticed that I was getting a bump on it and did everything to make it go away. I used tea tree oil, aspirin, chamomile tea bags and SSS (Sea Salt Soaks). It seemed as if it was going away but started to come back. I developed a huge bump on the back (inside of ear) and I applied tea tree oil on it everyday and it went away after three days. For some reason, I have a raised scar on the front. It looks ugly and I just want to get rid of it. Do you know if its a keloid or hyper tropic scar? If either do you know how to remove it? One of my friends had the same probelm and she recommended Emu Oil. I was thinking of trying it. Is it any good? Thanks!

Last edited by piercingjunkie115; 04-24-2012 at 06:09 AM.

its not a keloid. its pretty common with cartilage piercings, nothing to be worried about. have a read through this & it will help you

Quote Originally Posted by Chansu View Post
    its not a keloid. its pretty common with cartilage piercings, nothing to be worried about. have a read through this & it will help you
    Agreed, doesn't look particularly menacing. Follow the advice in the linkedthread and keep any eye on it just in case.
    Joe -19

Current Piercings - Lobes R+L(14mm), Forward Helix R(1.6mm), Septum(7mm), Conch L+R(6mm), Nipples R+L (2mm), High Nostrils R+L (1.2mm)
    Retired Piercings - Eyebrow R+L(1.6mm)
    Wanted Piercings - Lowbrets, Big Labret, Outer Conch(5mm)L+R, Forward Helix L, Cheeks

Tattoo's
    2x Dotwork full-sleeve (WIP)

Its not a keloid, keloids only apear away from the site. Its more likely to be hypertrophic scar - read the link above and it should answer your questions.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Hi i'm new to this and not sure how to use it, ha! But need help. I got my tregus re pierced a week ago yesterday and it was fine to start but this morning i woke up and it was swollen and really sore when i smile or talk. My last piercing went bad and sunk right into my tregus and i had to go to hospital to get it removed so this time i'm taking extra care and cleaning it twice a day with Saline solutuion and medical swabs. I really dont want it to get infected but im worried, does this mean it's infected? Please help.

I have only had my tragus pierced a week as well. I am sorry you are having troubles. I would go back to your piercer & let them take a look. Hope it improves

Quote Originally Posted by Racheey View Post
    Hi i'm new to this and not sure how to use it, ha! But need help. I got my tregus re pierced a week ago yesterday and it was fine to start but this morning i woke up and it was swollen and really sore when i smile or talk. My last piercing went bad and sunk right into my tregus and i had to go to hospital to get it removed so this time i'm taking extra care and cleaning it twice a day with Saline solutuion and medical swabs. I really dont want it to get infected but im worried, does this mean it's infected? Please help.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8