Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering microdermals

Thumbs up Considering microdermals

Hey!

I'm heavily considering getting some microdermals. I think they are gorgeous. I also hear that they have a low rejection rate.

How much are they usually? I'm know it probably varies from place to place.

Also, what are some of the best places to put them? I love the back of the neck and the lower back. I want something unique and sexy.

Thanks

Hey I don't have microdermals and I don't ever plan on getting them but if you are going to get them I would advise you get them in a place where you won't easily rip it out. Hips seem like a pretty popular place but make sure you get them high enough that they don't catch on your jeans. Also on the collar bone area seems pretty popular, I think that would be your best bet. I once saw a guy with one right in the center of the front of his neck, it looked different, deffinitely not something you see every day :]

Also with the pricing, try calling some piercing places or the place you normally go to for any previous piercings you have (if any at all) and ask them what they charge for them if they even do them. :]
    ...........Hey I'm Aubri....!!!........

Present:
    Both lobes x2 (1 of which is stretched to 6g), Spiderbites, Nostril, Double helix, Belly button, Tongue.

Future: (Undecided) Conch, Tragus, Indistrial.

*No tattoos yet but someday I want to get a few small meaningful ones and a giant koi fish on my side.*

I have a microdermal on the back of my neck, it cost me 35, I don't know the going rate for them though.
    I got mine in January and I've not had any problems with it at all, followed all the appropriate aftercare (not soaking it or covering it) I had it covered for about an hour and then couldn't handle the massive plaster on the back of my neck.
    All they need is a spray in the shower and I wouldn't advise swimming for about 8 weeks, just to stop any water gathering underneath the dermal.
    Mine's been knocked a fair few times as well and it's still firmly in there
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter

Does anyone have any experience with the lower back (dimples) microdermals? I think I would probably get them there if I got them, but I'm wondering about placement and rejection. I'm usually very careful not to bump or sleep on my piercings.

I've heard that these are not actually permanent and that they will eventually come out. Is this true for all of them? What placement would be best to keep them long term.

i have hip dermals... one of them is perfectly okay while the other one seems to be rejecting... i love them but i might not be able to keep my right one.
    they hurt like crazy to get, but that's only really temporary. they weren't too hard to heal. i just soaked them in salt water a few times a day for a little while and washed them with no scent antibacterial soap

and uh i'm pretty sure these are permanent? how would they come out if they're anchored into your skin? if you want them out they're gonna need to be cut out. lol

Thanks for posting!

Yeah, I'm kind of afraid of getting the dimples simply because if one rejected, it would look really stupid, while even one hip still looks neat.

I've just been reading around and many people have been saying that they will eventually migrate out in a couple of years but it all depends on placement. That's just what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by kennydruh View Post
    and uh i'm pretty sure these are permanent? how would they come out if they're anchored into your skin? if you want them out they're gonna need to be cut out. lol
    Well surely they aren't permanent? You just said that one of yours is rejecting, so they aren't that permanent.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

If they are permanent then how did I manage to have 3, and then remove them all myself by popping them out?
    Current Piercings: tragus, rook, daith, conch, lobes x 2, VCH, right nipple

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Want: lots more holes in my ears!!

I'd consider them permanent in the sense you can't just unscrew a ball and pull the bar out like you would most piercings, and you can't take them out and put them back in. Depends on the style of the piece and how well it anchors itself as to whether you'd be able to just pop them out, surely? Maybe a diver, but with a microdermal with holes in the foot you'd likely need it cut out if your skin has grown through the holes?
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Yeah, but permanent means forever, there is a way of removing these if need be.
    Current Piercings: tragus, rook, daith, conch, lobes x 2, VCH, right nipple

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Want: lots more holes in my ears!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast