Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting a conch + having a job = Aghhh help?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    Why get a lovely piercing if you are just gonna put bioplast in?
    Whats wrong with that? Loads of people wear bioplast in their piercings. Having a piercing doesn't mean having to wear obvious jewellery, its about personal preference and you knowing its there.

Could say that about piercings that aren't visiable.. why get them if no one can see them? Because you get them so you know they're there. Someone on here has their septum pierced but never ever wears it down, so it doesn't look like she has it, but she knows its there.
    Current Piercings: tragus, rook, daith, conch, lobes x 2, VCH, right nipple

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Want: lots more holes in my ears!!

If you work in food, the likely thing is, that you won't even be able to wear a retainer, and if they catch sight of it, they will make you remove it or leave.

I worked at mcdonalds and they made me take out my helix, even though they saw me struggling to take it out, had to use scissors to pry open the ring, just in case the ball fell out into food...

I'd ask work first, however don't go messing about with it right after its pierced, you'll end up with more problems than you need..

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Quote Originally Posted by sarah91 View Post
    Whats wrong with that? Loads of people wear bioplast in their piercings. Having a piercing doesn't mean having to wear obvious jewellery, its about personal preference and you knowing its there.

Could say that about piercings that aren't visiable.. why get them if no one can see them? Because you get them so you know they're there. Someone on here has their septum pierced but never ever wears it down, so it doesn't look like she has it, but she knows its there.
    well each to their own; but if you feel you have to hide something all the time then is it worth getting in the first place? i'm not suggested we should 'show off' but it seems a shame to have to hide.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

So what about my VCH and nipple? They're hidden all the time..

Yeah but nipples and lady bits are generally hidden anyway, you don't especially hide them because you get a piercing.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

Many people will hide a piercing but change the ends when they're not at work....but as you say each to their own. Not really up to anyone else to judge what jewellery wants in their piercings
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Personally, I wear bioplast because I find it much more comfortable, specifically in my lip, tongue and naval. Other people may wear it because of allergies. It's not always to hide them
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

i got mine pierced with ptfe. it was just what the piercer prefered to pierce it with, because it moves better or something, nooooo ideaaaa really but it worked out good for me. and you can change the balls on the top as soon as you feel comfortable with it. so that isnt an issue if you want a cute noticable earring one day, then a clear ball the next. obviously you can see a clear ball but with your hair down it shouldnt be an issue.

My work is rather conservative about apperances (just this year, after just over 15 years with current management, they've started allowing 2 female lobe piercings instead of just one...). I just got my tragus done on the weekend with a CBR (say what you will about them and healing, but every time I've been pierced with studs/barbells my parts swell over and start engulfing jewellery and causing infections) and have used my hair to cover it. In all honesty, they only found out today, on day two of working with it, because I posted about it on facebook and I have supervisors as friends. That and maybe because I totally changed how I wore my hair today and it was a li'l suspicious...

I was told to get a retainer in there, but I said I couldn't (I didn't spend nearly $80 after tax and tip to fuck it up for only another two weeks of summer employment! I can do it for next summer, sure, but not this summer. Besides, it beats what I did in the last 2 weeks of work at the same place last summer - I got my foot tattooed... conservative workplace... I work in kitchens... see the problem? They weren't too impressed, needless to say, and I think the colour loss I experienced was due to all the work I went to in order to "cover up" while wearing mary jane style shoes). We had a girl last year with a newish industrial who wore her hair to the side ALL THE TIME and never got heckled for it (if she did it was most likely just once, like I experienced). Otherwise stick a bandaid on there. I hear if you poke around you can find piercers who will pierce with specific retainers, but I wasn't so fortunate. Or patient. If you can't find a piercer to pierce with a glass retainer, just get a barbell and if you can't use your hair to cover it, try and get one of those dot bandaids GENTLY/CAREFULLY over it.
    Last edited by Relaxitaxi; 08-11-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Piercings:
    Current: tongue
    Retired: tragus (l), first lobes (if it works out, will get redone. For 4th time)
    To come: 2nd lobes, regular nostril (l) (possibly)

Tattoos:

Current: "Always" deer - right foot
    "Illegitimi non carborundum" Eiffel tower - right arm
    "It goes on" + flying bird silhouettes - left foot

Next in line: Either "Breathe" (left wrist), or "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose" (upper left ribcage).
    ~Sarah

I have my conch done and you can barely see it even with my hair up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast