Thread: Lack of patience or too much problems?

Post Lack of patience or too much problems?

I only ever had my anti tragus, lip and eyebrow pierced with a stud, everything else a BCR. I'm not much of a stud person, but I'm not sure if my body agrees.
    I think nearly all of my piercings I've had out of them 3 have been pierced with a BCR and looked after very carefully with a 1/4 of SS 1-2 times a day, just as the piercers suggest.
    I get this problem with every piercing I have when it comes to rings.
    My first piercing I really had problems with was my double nose. I got pierced with a ring because I was dying for them for a long time. When I got them pierced I had a keloid looking bump by it for about 1-2 months, and it never went away no matter how strict I was with aftercare, it only went until I changed to a stud, and whenever I changed back to a ring it went red. But since then I haven't wore rings in them for a very long period and I'm not sure what it does anymore. It's been years.

All my ear piercings now are rings, I've only recently been collecting ear piercings and I've had my forward helix for 10 weeks and my conch and tragus for 8 weeks this Friday. There's a big nasty swelling at the back of my conch, a bump inside my tragus and a very very small one outside, and my forward helix has a very nasty bump on it.

And, like I said, studs with excactly the same care heal perfectly with no issues whatsoever!

I'm not sure if my body just rejects rings, or will my body eventually accept them? Changing my jewellery is a nag and I want to kinda avoid that... Does anyone else get simular problems or coping managements? I'd highly appreciate some views
    Last edited by Quaver; 04-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

rings take longer to heal because they move more and irritate the piercing. id stick to studs and be patient for them to heal properly. then a change to rings shouldnt be a problem i guess. happy healing
    piercings
    i have: 4 lobes 4mm, 2,5mm, 1,6mm, 1,2mm, rook
    i want: one lobe stretched to 6mm, tragus, outer conch
    i had: snakebites, nostril

tattoos
    i have: neck 2x, back, calf
    i want: arm, right foot, ribs

tumblr

As above, rings as initial jewellery are pretty much a no go for most people, they can drag crusties into the healing fistula constantly delaying healing. Go to a good piercer, get them to put appropriate sterile barbells/labrets made from ptfe or titanium in your new piercings and you'll find they'll heal fine.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I changed from barbells to D shaped captive ball rings after two years healing and yet I still have problems, not that the rings move, they don't yet now three years on, pain and discomfort is common, I am at the point that if I cannot find a solution or indeed a reason, the piercings are coming out. I changed fro bar bells to D shaped rings because myself being kind of cack handed, I used to always catch my watch strap or bracelets on the piercings, and that hurt plenty !