Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Helix

Default My Helix

I got my helix pierced today, the first piercing I've got in 5 years (those were my lobes). I was terrified about it but I'm so glad I got it now
    I've had it since 1 O'clock today and I love it.

I got it pierced at Real Art Tattoo in syston. The woman was lovely and made me feel comfortable and even joked around with me and my sister She started by cleaning my ear with a wipe and then put a dot on my ear and asked if that was alright, I asked her to move it up and bit and she placed another dot in the perfect spot. Then she told me to take a deep breath and she put the needle in which stung a little and I heard the pop then she carried on a put the jewellery in which was a curved bar bell; this hurt more than the actual needle and then she screwed the ball on and advised be to use savlon spray once a day but I wont be taking this advice I will be using SSS twice a day.

I love it, I really do.
    I would have put a picture but I dont know how to.

would love to see a pic
    you can upload one on tinypic or imageshack and then just put it in your next post.
    happy healing!
    piercings
    i have: 4 lobes 4mm, 2,5mm, 1,6mm, 1,2mm, rook
    i want: one lobe stretched to 6mm, tragus, outer conch
    i had: snakebites, nostril

tattoos
    i have: neck 2x, back, calf
    i want: arm, right foot, ribs

tumblr

Congratulations! Mine is roughly 9 weeks & it was pierced with a captive bead ring. Its healing well. I found the sss soaks to be the best & i am still cleaning it twice day.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Congrats! Hopes it heals nicely for you.
    For pics, just upload it to an image hosting site and then copy and paste the link without the "http://www." bit.
    Theres a thread on here about how to post pics that maybe someone can easily post the link to... everythings being kinda buggy for me and I cant get to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    Congratulations! Mine is roughly 9 weeks & it was pierced with a captive bead ring. Its healing well. I found the sss soaks to be the best & i am still cleaning it twice day.
    I'm glad yours is doing well but be careful not to over clean it. You shouldnt have to do much to it now thats its 9 weeks Only if it really needs it
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Ta Dahh My Lovely Helix, thankyou for the lovely messages and help.
    http://t.co/K2xLnRb
    It doesnt hurt unless I get hair around it or fall asleep on it

Quote Originally Posted by spudkissed View Post
    Congrats! Hopes it heals nicely for you.
    I'm glad yours is doing well but be careful not to over clean it. You shouldnt have to do much to it now thats its 9 weeks Only if it really needs it
    I read on another post some thoughts from Hazel about this same issue & I now clean it when it looks like it needs it. I have just in the past 48 hours had it changed by the piercer from a CBR to a labret twice (first one was too long) so it was a bit irritated & needed the saline. It is settling down & looking better with the jewellery change so I should be able to decrease again! But thanks! Its a hard piercing to heal for me. My nose was easy. I ahve just had my targus pierced & although swollen (just 2 days old) its not red & nasty like my helix was in the first month! But I attribute this to the ring.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

I got my helix pierced probably about 5 years ago now, and I love it very much so! I actually don't usually even remember I have it. I do twirl the ring around a lot though when I don't know what to do with my hands...

I couldn't see the picture. It said only followers can. If you upload it to something like tinypic then there is a few links it gives. One says specifically for forums, copy that and hit the *insert image* button in the reply box, then paste that url and it should be good to go.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

i got my helix done 3 weeks ago today at 2:35. it was my first piercing in 15 years. I got my lobes done at 3 months. i got my ear gunned and so far i've had no problems. i can now lay on it and it only hurts when i pull on it. oh you change change the jewlery at 6 weeks. its going so slow for me. it takes 12 weeks to heal but you still ahve to keep it in for a few months after that i got mine done at a hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by alaynakay View Post
    i got my helix done 3 weeks ago today at 2:35. it was my first piercing in 15 years. I got my lobes done at 3 months. i got my ear gunned and so far i've had no problems. i can now lay on it and it only hurts when i pull on it. oh you change change the jewlery at 6 weeks. its going so slow for me. it takes 12 weeks to heal but you still ahve to keep it in for a few months after that i got mine done at a hairdresser
    Is there a reason you show no evidence of taking this advice to heart? :\ And please stop spreading bad advice. People in your thread already told you that the bolded part is false, it takes up to a year to heal fully and thus at the very earliest you should be changing jewelry is at 6-9 months unless something about the piercing is horribly wrong (e.g., in your case of having it gunned).
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast