Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lip Piercing Cleaning....

Default Lip Piercing Cleaning....

Well it's been a good 4-5 years since i had a facial piercing and i haven't had to clean one in a long time lolz. So today i may either get a Vertical Labret or Spiderbites and wondering about how to clean it. I know SSS and stuff but as far as mouthwash could i instead use SSS for that like have a bottle pre mixed wit me? Or do i use dillutted listerene because i have that aswell? I see and hear all kinds if things so just trying to get it right

i never used mouthwash with any of mine, just done SSS twice a day for the first 2 weeks then just whenever they got a bit sore / crusty.

Yeah they say i'm suppose to wash my mouth out after everything i eat, drink or smoke. wondering if i could alt that for SSS

really one or the other would be fine IMO, dont want to over clean it

You can rinse your mouth with either non-alcoholic mouthwash (not regular Listerine, Listerine Zero is fine), or sea salt solution. I prefer luke warm or heated SSS, but it's not as refreshing as mouthwash.
    Have (16):
    Right ear: 1st 2g, 2nd 14g, tragus 16g, conch 14g, 2 helices 16g
    Left ear: 1st 0g, tragus
    16g
    Snakebites 14g
    Philtrum 16g
    Cheeks
    14g
    2x diagonal nipple 14g
    Navel 14g

Retired:
    3 lobe piercings
    Left helix

Considering (for now): 1st lobes at 1/2", more helices,
    tongue, triangle or VCH, MDs

Facebook

kewl i think i rather try the warm SSS rinseafter anything i eat or if i smoke

I have Listerine but it's the regular kind if i used it i would defiantly dilute it before hand if anyone was wondering lolz

ive always used non alcoholic mouth wash for my oral piercings and i have got an infection yet (:

You shouldn't use regular Listerine diluted or not because there's alcohol in it. It's supposed to be a non-alcoholic mouthwash.

Not sure if i should of made a new thread for this but.. When do you stop using the mouthwash/SSS on this inside... I was told after two weeks i didn't have to rinse my mouth out after everything. Only to do it for the 1st two weeks. Is this correct? Is there something else to do instead?

You don’t need to use anything.. your mouth is full of useful enzymes that actually keep your mouth pretty clean. All I would normally suggest is to rinse your mouth with water after a meal to make sure you don’t get any food stuck in it. You can use non alcoholic mouth wash but its not necessary
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast