View Poll Results: Which looks better?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

13 59.09%

9 40.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give you opinion.

Angry Give you opinion.

I was asked to make a cover for an EP. They gave me freedom to do what I wanted. I came up with a very cool idea but then they decided that, after all, what they really wanted, was some people dancing in the club.
    Terrible, stupid, unoriginal idea... but OK. I kinda used it in my own way and it turned out fine... And then they decided to edit it.
    I'm proper pissed. I spent a lot of time on that and they kept making me change it and stuff. I even wrote the font myself 'cause they asked me to!
    And now they changed it to a stupid, orange, blurred edges, center render, mirrored tight packed mainstream font version... without asking!
    This is why I HATE doing this kind of work!!! Why do I always say YES?!
    I told them I don't want my name to be associated with that editing, and I'm hoping they comply, or else I WILL take measures. I did NOT do that. That is a STAIN on my reputation as an 'artist'

Still, that's my opinion on that (absolute shite) image, but I want other people's views. I'm guessing they have a bad case of lack of any taste at all, but the problem might be me. IDK. They are 5 and I'm just 1. But I'll still think it's appalling...
    So, from these two, which do you (honestly. really! and tell me why! especially if you choose the second one! ) think is the best?

Last edited by snicky; 02-22-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

I voted before I read what you said, assuming they were both yours and you just couldn't choose or something, and now I'm glad I voted for #1
    “With some effort, I recognised the underlying design, which was based on a very old pattern, the briar rose. Somehow Master Tielhard had kept the dramatic vigor of the archaic lines, yet infused them with a subtlety that spoke at once of the vine, the bond and the lash. The thorny lines were stark black, accented in only a few choice hollows with a teardrop of scarlet”

Yours is way better in my opinion, I do like the orange in the 2nd one but that's about it, the font is boring and I don't like the mirror effect. Your's looks organic and interesting, their's just typical and manufactured.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I prefer the text on the first one but the coloured shading and reflected dancers gives more of a lively mood.
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Quote Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
    I prefer the text on the first one but the coloured shading and reflected dancers gives more of a lively mood.
    As for my personal tastes, I agree with this.

But as far as which one is best for an EP, I think it depends on what kind of music it is, to know the "feel" they wanted to convey.
    For example, if they were a heavy metal band, I would think the first one is too "organic" looking for that.
    Or if it was for some folky kind of hippy music, the first one would be good for that. If that makes sense?
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

I like the first one better, I like that font isn't your standard everyday font and I actually prefer the neutral colors as oppose to the more dramtic color scheme on the second one.

The second one doesn't even make sense, fudging mirror images... And the font kinda clashes with the rest of the cover.

Yours is muuuuuch better.
    Have (16):
    Right ear: 1st 2g, 2nd 14g, tragus 16g, conch 14g, 2 helices 16g
    Left ear: 1st 0g, tragus
    16g
    Snakebites 14g
    Philtrum 16g
    Cheeks
    14g
    2x diagonal nipple 14g
    Navel 14g

Retired:
    3 lobe piercings
    Left helix

Considering (for now): 1st lobes at 1/2", more helices,
    tongue, triangle or VCH, MDs

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by spudkissed View Post
    As for my personal tastes, I agree with this.

But as far as which one is best for an EP, I think it depends on what kind of music it is, to know the "feel" they wanted to convey.
    For example, if they were a heavy metal band, I would think the first one is too "organic" looking for that.
    Or if it was for some folky kind of hippy music, the first one would be good for that. If that makes sense?
    Oh, their style of music is calm-ish indie rock mixed with electronic (but the electronic sound kinda like a kids piano. xD).
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

honestly the orange isn't too bad, it looks kinda better, but the mirroring and the font ruined it. imo your version+optional light colouring like the orange would be best.
    Plus the first one totally suits the indie rock style.
    also "wind koala" sounds funny :P

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
    Ditto.

The second one looks more finished, whereas the first one is definitely lacking something. I'm not sure if I like the reflection or not, but overall I like the second one better.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast