View Poll Results: Which looks better?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

13 59.09%

9 40.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give you opinion.

Your one looks more original and creative, the other just looks very generic =/
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

I'd say the second, if they wanted people dancing in a club it definitely gives a lively, fun, dancey feel. A bit over contrasted maybe but I see what they were trying to do. The original is nice although for me the colours are bland and looks like a generic indie band cd. Just my honest opinion (:
    At the end of the day as an artist it's not always about whether you're happy with it but whether the client's happy with it, because they're the people you're trying to please, not yourself.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

See I don't know what the music is like but I thought 1 suited the name and title more than 2 before I even read the whole story :/
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

I prefer the second, minus the mirrored part xD
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Quote Originally Posted by timeforheroes View Post
    At the end of the day as an artist it's not always about whether you're happy with it but whether the client's happy with it, because they're the people you're trying to please, not yourself.
    Lets make one thing clear: They did NOT pay me. They weren't my clients. I did this out of the goodness of my heart, spent a week altering things and stuff because they kept changing their mind and all of this during exam season. There's only one thing I'm getting out of this: exposure. But surely, as an artist, I wouldn't want something that I do not like and that does not represent my work at ALL with my name associated to it.
    I just think it's a complete lack of respect that they changed it like that without even saying anything, especially after all the changes I had made for them previously! If they had just SAID what they wanted, I would have done it. But those guys changed their minds every 15 minutes. You can not begin to imagine how pissed I was at that, and how pissed I am at this.

Oh well, but thank you all for the honest opinions. ^^
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

^ I understand what you say and totally see why you're upset! But if it wasn't a proper paid commission then they kind of have entitlement to mess around with it. Hopefully they agree with you that you want no credit for it, although it's still a fantastic design and i'd take it on the chin.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

On the contrary - being an unpaid work, I have not sold them the rights to my image. They are NOT allowed to change it unless there is some sort of contract. If I was some well known artist and they weren't my friends (well, only one of them is), they could be in a decent amount of trouble...

Plus, it's kinda stupid and a low blow after I kept editing and changing it for them for a whole week... It's kinda sending all that work and patience to the trash...

They also did NOT comply to my request in terms of credit, but I had a little talk and I'm sure it'll be changed. It better be.

Either way, I'm not doing more work for friends. Forget it. I'm through.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

That sounds awful snicky. I like the orange color of the second one but not the mirror image. Love your design. Hope you can work out something with them.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

If I were you Snicky I'd feel like invoicing them for my time and the insult to boot. Fact is they have basically pissed you about and that's never right or fair.

I think doing work related favours for friends rarely works out well. Friends have often jokingly said I can do a reading for them and when I inform them what I charge (which is minuscule compared to other readers) their face drops and I explain I do not work for free however if they are unhappy with their reading I will refund 50% of it and give the other 50% to a local cancer unit. Very few ever go on to have a reading, some people despite being friends will think it's fine to just take the piss sadly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Second one looks more "lively" but the first one looks more interesting. Personally, I'd go with the first one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast