Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever bought Kaos Silicone Earskins from here before?

Default Anyone ever bought Kaos Silicone Earskins from here before?

I'm asking because the girl I spoke to via email had NO idea what I was asking.

Basically, I'm after the wearable of the earskins that BJS stock. Kaos make 3 wearables for their earskins, 1/4" (6mm), 5/16" (8mm) and 3/8" (9.5mm). BAF clearly state what wearble you're buying, whereas BJS don't say anything anywhere.

The kicker? The person I was corresponding with thought I was talking about the diameter. Y'know, it's not like that's obvious when purchasing! </sarcasm> I clearly stated I needed to know the width.

Enough of being angry.

If anyone has bought from here before, do you have a pair that you can measure the wearable on for me please? It's cheaper to buy them from BJS and eliminates custom chargers, but if the wearable's too big/small I won't be buying.

(I am in such a terrible mood today!)

But please and thank you my lovely people.

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

I checked mine and they don't say anything about the wearable on the actual package and I don't have anything to with me to measure them. Corazon_de_oro ( lindsay) I think she knows a good bit about kaos and wearables. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Mine were 8mm diameter with 8mm wearable, but that was a long time ago. Like... 4 years ago? 4 different pairs, all same length.

EDIT:
    NO! I got a pair more recently when I was at 14mm. 2 years ago maybe? They were also 8mm.

EDIT (again cause I'm stupid):

*hits head on wall* How stupid can I get? I bough one for my septum in like, October. Also 8mm wearable. x)

EDIT (yes... again. I'm losing hope on myself):

I had a pair at 6mm. Also 8mm wearable.
    Last edited by snicky; 02-22-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

I bought pink ones last year, they were very long... but I can't measure them RIGHT now as I'm just off to work. Will update if nobody else has when I get back.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

I'm liking where this is going so far! I only have two pairs which I guess-bought from BAF at 5/16, which is 8mm, and they fit perfectly... I'll see if they reply, but its 15 per pair from BAf and 9 per pair from here, it's a bit of a false economy really!

Thanks everyone so much :3

My white 6mm earskins are also 8mm wearable, how do they have someone working for them answering queries who doesn't know what wearable means???
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well, in the end I guess I got 13 different earskins, all from here, all 8mm in wearable in a span on 4 years. I'm betting that's the size they always offer, but do wait for their response.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

I'm more than happy to go with everyone's opinions here! They don't stock a few colours which I was planning on buying but that's no bother (silicone rainbow, you will be mine!)

Her reply was:
    The wearable area would be the size of the mm you choose. Or do you mean the width between the lips? Please confirm.

(I'm measuring the whole width, end to end, that right?)
    I bought from bjs a few times, the oldest ones (~2 years ago) are 9.5mm long, another pair is 7.9mm long, and I have a couple of 2g ones (bought on seperate occasions) that are also 7.9mm long overall.

I have just ordered a 6g one from Wildcat's site (can't be bothered to do an order off SteelNavel for custom wearable), they also didn't offer a choice of length but I requested the shortest one, but I reckon they'll send a random one that's too long for my septum...oh well.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

To concur with what most people here have said, just measured mine and they are 8mm.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other: