Thread: Help!! Infected tongue web??

Exclamation Help!! Infected tongue web??

Help!!

Ok so I've had my tongue frenulum (or web) done for over a year now. I've never had any issues with it and it healed perfectly, but the last 2 days it's been absolutely awful! I'm in a lot of pain and there are green scabs where the metal meets the skins on both ends of the ring. I have no clue how this has happened, I haven't changed the jewelry, haven't eaten anything different, what is going on?! It doesnt look like the jewelry has migrated although I know it's common for this piercing to reject (but why now?!?). Yesterday I started gargling with regular salt water but it's not working! I started using diluted anti-bac mouth wash today, but still nothing. So now I'm at the end of day 2 and in A LOT of pain and taking Advil. Like I said though, it doesn't look like it has moved... Is there anything I can do different? Is it rejecting for sure? I REALLY don't want to loose my piercing I love it so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Bonjela!! Or whatever they put on mouth ulcers wherever you are, cos that's what it sounds like.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

+1 to this it'll sting like hell but it'll stop anything nasty getting in to it
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

GOOD NEWS!!! I woke up this morning and the pain has dramatically reduced the anti-bac mouth wash seems to have done the trick. There were still some scabs there this morning but I gently brushed them away with my tooth brush and the piercing looks like it will be fine. Still no clue what happened to it, but if this happens to anyone else PLZ PLZ do not remove it! Many many people (although not on here) were telling me to take it out, but no matter how painful (and god, was it ever painful!) stick it out for a few days and see what happens

Hope this thread will come in handy for someone in the futur!