Thread: Anyone have a surface piercing?

Default Anyone have a surface piercing?

Does anyone have one im tempted to get my wrist done ive wanted it done for like 7 years or so but never did and now im more tempted to
    My only worries are rejection, is there any ways to prevent it.
    im clueless on these so wouldnt mind some advice and aftercare
    ie what bar should be used to do this?
    whats the healing time and what is best to use to heal just sea salt soaks like other piercings
    is there any damage that could be done (might sound dumb but someone on another site said it could go through a vein :S) basicly is it safe?
    and of course the most asked question...
    does it hurt?
    obviously its gonna pinch like hell but the vids ive seen its over pretty quick ive had my lip twice ears x6 and tongue done so im not new to piercings

any help would be great

I think if you really want it you should get it as Microdermals.. Some surface piercings can do fantastic and have a long healthy life but it's much more common for microdermals to last and you'll have the same effect. and I don't really know anything about the veins in wrist surface if i'm honest.. I wouldn't do it because i'd like to wear bracelets and not have to worry, not have to worry about it getting caught on my sleves constantly and i'd like to be able to move that high movement area 24/7 without freaking out.. but yeah

My experience with surface piercings.
    I have a nape surface piercing and I can honestly say it is one of my most regretted piercings.. won't go into massive detail as it's not the same as your wrist but meh

Before getting it done.

I was so excited, it'd read all about surface piercings and how troublesome they could be but I thought I could do it as I look after my piercings well and i'd already had a fair few. I was beyond excited and I was looking forward to it for ages.

Getting it done.
    He showed me the jewellery he was going to use and marked me up, then he showed me using two mirrors and I was happy with the placement. I then layed on my front and he did it. It did hurt, a bit.. about 4/10, a bit sharp and uncomfortable but not as bad as some of my others. The rest of the day it didn't hurt at all.

The aftermath
    It never really agreed with me, it was fine for a few weeks but then I kept catching it on my hair, my bed, my seats, my tshirts and god knows what and it was constantly making a fuss and it was CONSTANTLY getting caught in my hair. I and some of the other members on the site which have seen it think the balls used were too heavy and I only recently managed to get lighter ones which seems to have cleared it a little bit but it gets caught nearly all the time still and is still making a fuss. It makes me not want to tie my hair up in case it's got hair in it which I can't see or it looks gross. I just don't want to take it out because I do like the look of it.. (Btw, it's not getting infected all the time.. just very irritated)
    Love and be loved.

Just from what I read, surface piercing, not microdermals, have a high rejection rate. I agree, go with microdermals, better acceptance rate by your body.

I have a surface piercing that's now over 9 years old. It's on my inner wrist..
    BUT I was truely lucky. I've had serveral surface piercings reject on me over the years.
    And now only do in Micro Dermals.

So I would recommend Micro Dermals.
    Not that they are bullet proof, but they definetly have a better chance..
    Proud owner of 70 piercings and 112 pairs of plugs..

BJS Awards 2010
    Forum member with the best ear piercing
    Winner: Asphyxia

Inner wrist? Never seen that before

But yeah it was a wrist piercing I wanted really. I've just recently read erm its possible to bleed to death by this :/ wtf
    If that's the case why are people still getting them done?

Inner wrist? But.. but... how? Like... veins! D:
    Have (16):
    Right ear: 1st 2g, 2nd 14g, tragus 16g, conch 14g, 2 helices 16g
    Left ear: 1st 0g, tragus
    16g
    Snakebites 14g
    Philtrum 16g
    Cheeks
    14g
    2x diagonal nipple 14g
    Navel 14g

Retired:
    3 lobe piercings
    Left helix

Considering (for now): 1st lobes at 1/2", more helices,
    tongue, triangle or VCH, MDs

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaLove View Post

But yeah it was a wrist piercing I wanted really. I've just recently read erm its possible to bleed to death by this :/ wtf
    Well technically you could bleed to death from any piercing.
    But it probably has to do all the viens there like Freaku said. I have soooo many viens there I could never get anything done in that spot.

But also, a lot of times there are lots of stupid myths about piercings, like that theres a magic spot in your nose that if pierced will paralyse that half of your face. Its all just made up drivel to try to deter people from getting piercings.
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Does anyone have one im tempted to get my wrist done ive wanted it done for like 7 years or so but never did and now im more tempted to
    My only worries are rejection, is there any ways to prevent it.
    im clueless on these so wouldnt mind some advice and aftercare
    ie what bar should be used to do this?
    whats the healing time and what is best to use to heal just sea salt soaks like other piercings
    is there any damage that could be done (might sound dumb but someone on another site said it could go through a vein :S) basicly is it safe?
    and of course the most asked question...
    does it hurt?
    obviously its gonna pinch like hell but the vids ive seen its over pretty quick ive had my lip twice ears x6 and tongue done so im not new to piercings

any help would be great
    glad to see this ive been trying to decide whether or not to get surface piercing or microdermals on my wrist. thanks for asking it because i thought i was a worry wart but glad others have same concerns as me
    4 lobe piercings bottom stretched to 6mm
    left tragus
    double helix left ear
    triple helix right ear
    navel
    tongue
    nose
    left nipple
    16 tattoos - stomach, back, thigh, feet, hand, fingers, ribs

retired rook :( want it redone
    retired reverse helix
    retired right nipple...to be redone

WANT :- anti tragus and a ton more ink!

Even tho I've had it for so many years I've rarely posted pictures of it..

1. I don't wanna inspire anyone into doing one. Cause really, it's a pretty "stupid" piercing with minimal chance of staying.
    2. I haven't seen one before on other people really, so to be honnest. I've always feared people would start doing them.
    = Me losing my "unique" piercing.
    Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming I'm the only one in the world having one, not at all.
    Just that's PRETTY rare and that I haven't really seen any yet..

And bleed to death? Well I guess you can...
    But I've performed over 170 piercing on my body over the years and I still live to tell the story..

Quote Originally Posted by Freaku View Post
    Inner wrist? But.. but... how? Like... veins! D:
    Lol.. Hold the skin with a clamp. And the skin is pretty loose there so you're pretty "safe"..

And here it is....

NOW, mind you it's over 9 years old, and YES it's not the best jewellery option.
    And YES it definetely don't have as much skin as I would prefer.. About 6mm..
    I healed it with a surface barbell, but after 2 years I switched to a curved barbell. The last 3 years I've worn pfte in it.
    It did migrate doing healing, about half the length I'd say. But it has stayed in this state the past 6 years now, so I'm not too worried.

Proud owner of 70 piercings and 112 pairs of plugs..

BJS Awards 2010
    Forum member with the best ear piercing
    Winner: Asphyxia