Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tongue Splitting Questions

Question Tongue Splitting Questions

Hey everyone! So I thought I'd take a break from my homework and ask about tongue splitting. I've just started thinking about it about two days ago. That being said, its in a very early early early stage of thinking, and I haven't been able to find a lot of information, so here's a few questions:
    People who have their tongue split, please answer!

1) How much does it cost approximately?
    2) How have you dealt with regrowth?
    3) Have you had any issues with your speech?
    4) In terms of employment, any issues due to the split tongue? I'm studying community health and public health focusing on women's health, sexual health, and prenatal/maternal health. I'm looking into the peace corp after college (just an idea!). Do you think having a split tongue could lead to problems in this areas of employment/volunteer?
    5) Was it worth the pain/money/etc? Do you wish you had not gotten it? why/why not
    6) Sutured, cauterized, or neither? Which did you do, what do you think is best, etc.
    7) I've heard of the aftercare being pretty painful as well (such as flossing it to prevent regrowth) and so on. How would you describe the after care.

please do not take offense to the questions! I usually ask these questions and many more before getting a new thing done, and since split tongues are a little harder to come by around where I live, I thought I'd ask you guys on here. Thanks everyone!

Have you looked/asked on the BAF forums and/or on BME?

I only ask as especially for questions 1 and 4 a predominantly UK based forum would struggle to answer you! Also think there may be some diaries on there with experiences etc

Also found these by using the advanced search function on here.

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/4440-tongue-splitting?highlight=splitting
    https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/44411-Splitting-tounge?highlight=splitting
    https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/44263-Tongue-Splitting.?highlight=splitting

T
    hey answer some of your questions too
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've never heard of BAF? And you're very quick with replies!

Alright I've got to get back to homework... please answer those q's for me and offer advice/opinions!

1) How much does it cost approximately? Mine cost 100.
    2) How have you dealt with regrowth? Had to work it apart the first morning after and that's it. I had a healed large gauge tongue piercing prior to the split and this helped keep regrowth down.
    3) Have you had any issues with your speech? Had a lisp for the first 2 or 3 weeks.
    4) In terms of employment, any issues due to the split tongue? I'm studying community health and public health focusing on women's health, sexual health, and prenatal/maternal health. I'm looking into the peace corp after college (just an idea!). Do you think having a split tongue could lead to problems in this areas of employment/volunteer? I can't speak for anyone but the only time anyone has realised my tongue is split is when I stick out my tongue.
    5) Was it worth the pain/money/etc? Do you wish you had not gotten it? why/why not? There was no pain. Was it worth the money? No. It wasn't worth the money at all. But I don't wish I hadn't got it. I wouldn't have done it if I knew then what I knew now. But I only know now what I do know because I had it. It's only like that for me because I get nothing at all out of it. It was epic in the first week or so but now I couldn't care less.
    6) Sutured, cauterized, or neither? Which did you do, what do you think is best, etc. Neither. Sutured and cauterized do very little for actually healing the split. They're more to help with the initial bleeding. I didn't have either. I bled for about 15/20 minutes quite heavily right after. But I was still sat in my piercers room with him aiding me in getting it to stop. After that, I bled very very lightly until that evening. Since then, it's been fine.
    7) I've heard of the aftercare being pretty painful as well (such as flossing it to prevent regrowth) and so on. How would you describe the after care. Flossing? Wtf? o_O I was drinking ice cold water only, no energy drinks, tea, coffee etc. But I got home an hour after having it split and ate a full Sunday roast with extreme ease. It didn't hurt AT ALL. The split itself was literally painless, the aftercare was literally painless. That one time I had to work it apart, you put on rubber gloves and grab hold of either side of the tongue then slowly work it apart. It's all painless. Unless you have it sutured or cauterized. From what I've read from people who used those methods, aftercare has been a painful bitch.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

^ from meeting Toni (wallflower) at the weekend, neither I nor bf would have known she had the split if we didn't already know about it .... if that makes sense? So I don't see how a potential employer would notice or care.

My piercer also has a split tongue which you don't notice until he sticks it out and wiggles it at you (which he's fond of doing) but doesn't affect speech or anything. I assume it's something you get used to.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I don't have mine yet so I'll just answer what I can by now.
    Split will be done this Sunday, and I'll be able to provide you with ore answers by then. haha.
    I will post a diary with my (hopeful detailed) description of the healing and stuff, with pictures and videos and whatever. You can follow if you want: www.split-travels.tumblr.com

1) Mine will be 300€ (yeah, I know... but a VERY experienced artist. it's worth it. I must add that Toni's was quite cheap! *jealous*)

4) I don't think so. I mean... it's your tongue. Do you usually show it to your employers? x)

5) I don't know the pain yet, but I'm sure it'll be VERY worth it. EXITED!!!

6) Mine will be sutured, even though I'm scared shitless of sutures. but it gives off a more rounded, 'natural' look that I love.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Oh yeah. Here's the thread I had of my split https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...a-tongue-split.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Thanks everyone! Wallflower, what are some of the things that you wish you had known?

It's just.. I don't know! Nothing bad at all. I just wish I'd known how I'd feel about it once it was healed :P I feel... nothing for it. Sure, I like it. I don't regret it.. but it's very "meh" to me now if you know what I mean? Definitely not worth the 100 I paid. But that's just my opinion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast