Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tongue Splitting Questions

Ahhhhh okay. So it's just neutral? Thanks for linking your thread btw, I'll be a frequent checker on it. I wonder why your tongue is giving you you so little problems! Lucky you haha

Yeah.. neutral! Don't love it, don't hate it.. it's just there! I probably won't be updating the thread tbh.. my tongue is pretty much healed. Feels and looks 100% normal.
    I think I got so lucky with healing as I didn't have it cauterised or sutured
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I hope I don't feel 'meh' about mine when it's healed! :O
    Then again, you got off easily. I'm sure all the pain associated with those damn sutures will make me appreciate it more. haha
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Snicky, you'll have to do a diary

Whens you'rs sincky?
    Mines APRIL!
    Complete with a green straightjacket with circuit boards stuck all over!

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):
    Next up: moar leg!

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by aikenha5 View Post
    Snicky, you'll have to do a diary
    As I said already, I will have a diary. You'll be able to find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by stasha-pistachio View Post
    Whens you'rs sincky?
    Mines APRIL!
    19th February. In 3 days. I'm SOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOOOOOOOO exited.
    My mother is not.
    Last edited by snicky; 02-16-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by snicky View Post
    19th February. In 3 days. I'm SOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOOOOOOOO exited.
    My mother is not.
    Ha! Hope it goes well I'll definitely been checking up.
    Love and be loved.

Yeah I think I going to try and stay at a friends for a few days.. ha XD
    Complete with a green straightjacket with circuit boards stuck all over!

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):
    Next up: moar leg!

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Can't wait to hear about it! Good luck

1) How much does it cost approximately?- Mine was free as I did it myself.. NOT RECOMMENDED !2) How have you dealt with regrowth?- I re-cut mine about once or twice a year. But my regrowth are only like 5mm, and thin like a handweb.But before I split I had a 4g tongue piercing, I feel that have helped alot.3) Have you had any issues with your speech?- YES, the first month. The first week or 2 was really bad. After that it slowly got better. Today I'd say 99,9% normal. But the last 00,1 could also be my venoms.4) In terms of employment, any issues due to the split tongue? I'm studying community health and public health focusing on women's health, sexual health, and prenatal/maternal health. I'm looking into the peace corp after college (just an idea!). Do you think having a split tongue could lead to problems in this areas of employment/volunteer?- So far no. People don't know I have it unless they've been told.5) Was it worth the pain/money/etc? Do you wish you had not gotten it? why/why not- Absolutely ! It's my favorite mod. But I never really felt much pain. But yeah it was worth it.6) Sutured, cauterized, or neither? Which did you do, what do you think is best, etc.- I did neither as I did it myself. I cut it with a scalpel btw, no tie-off here !!!!7) I've heard of the aftercare being pretty painful as well (such as flossing it to prevent regrowth) and so on. How would you describe the after care.The only aftercare I did was sleeping with gauze inbetween and then otherwise treat my tounge like after a piercing. Using deluted mouthwash or saltwater after each meal. I don't smoke so that wasn't an issue.
    Proud owner of 70 piercings and 112 pairs of plugs..

BJS Awards 2010
    Forum member with the best ear piercing
    Winner: Asphyxia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast