Thread: Got a central labret :) but i've done a bad thing

Default Got a central labret :) but i've done a bad thing

I got a central labret on Friday at Blancolo in glasgow. It was only 10 and i'd heard good things so i decided to go for it. I walked in and the guy on the reception desk was lovely, chatted away to me while i filled out the consent form. I then went and sat at the waiting area for a few minutes while the piercer finished up with another client. After the client was done, the piercer came out (female, didnt get her name) and the man from reception (assuming he's the manager/owner) came over and had a word with her about something. Couldnt hear what he said but i heard her reply of "well i didnt know so its not my fault" and he went back to reception leaving me with the now pissed off piercer.

The piercing and after care talk lasted about 10 mins; it was basically a case of point, stab, leave. The piercer was clearly in a huff and was not personable at all, making no effort to talk which i found really unproffesional and done nothing to calm my nerves. I dont want to judge the piercer as it might have just been that incident before i was pierced that casued her mood but i personally would not let her pierce me again. Also the labret stud was far too long for my mouth. Now i know you need a long stud to start with but even with swelling i still had a good 3mm left. The first night was pretty uneventful but when i woke up the next morning all around the piercing was extremely red and irritated. I can only assume that because the bar was so long, it was really bashed about in my sleep.

This is when i done the bad thing- i changed the bar to a slightly smaller bioplast bar. I know it's really bad to change it so early but the state of my face scared me and my skin was so tense from the swelling that my mum thought it was going to split. And i still had room on the bar. I realised that if i had left it, the same would most probably happen the next morning so i screwed the ball off, gently pulled the post out (externally threaded), put the bioplast in and icepacked it. After about 2 hours my lip felt sooo much better and today the swelling has gone right down. There is still some brusing about the area but all in all i think changing the stud was the best thing, although i wish i'd gone to my local piercing place to get it changed rather than doing it myself. Feel free to give me pelters for messing about with it (i deserve it ), i just hope it heals ok and i'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Sounds to me like you could have been pierced with steel and reacted to it...did they confirm what the bar was made from?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Nope didnt tell me anything apart from no smoking/alcohol/oral sex.

I'd find out if I were you for future reference, I see there's no mention of what they use on their website...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I just assumed that it was titanium :/ I'll call them tomorrow and report back