Page 51 of 169 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nail Thread

I love those colours Toni! Yellow is quite often a difficult colour to work with, don't give up on it though. That Jade Green is gorgeous
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Just painted my nails. Realised out of the 50 polishes i have here i have no pinks. Never noticed till now. Now im off on fragrance direct trying to find some nice ones instead of doing work

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I think it must just be me but I can't find anything decent on that Fragrance Direct. I can only find two rubbish Revlon colours.. I'm confused!

Edit. Never mind, I'm stopped being such an idiot and I've found them lol.
    Last edited by catface; 04-22-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone didn't know, but Models Own is 2 for 8 in Boots or 3 for 12 or 5 for 18 on their website. The beetlejuice collection is gorgeous!
    Current:
    8mm lobe, 1.2mm lobes x4, helix x3, rook x3, inverse navel, tragus, anti-tragus, conch, diagonal nipples x2, septum, double nostrils.

Retired: Forward helix x2, helix, standard navel, Madison MD x3

[ Split me wide open, and cut me in two
    There's nothing that I could ever hide from you ]

*Becca

Bought a pink polish, put it on. This is why i dont have any pink polishes. I feel like barbie :/ and i dont like stick to my blues and purples

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    This is her shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/topnailshop

S
    he combines postage so if you're ordering more than 1 thing remember to ask for an invoice
    I'm a bit confused by this shop. Can I just add things to my basket or do I have to commit to buy them straight away?
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    I'm a bit confused by this shop. Can I just add things to my basket or do I have to commit to buy them straight away?
    Well it's just eBay so it works the way eBay works, if they have the new basket function you can add to there and amend afterwards, put items on your watch list or wish list for future reference, or you can do Buy It Now for each one you want and then request an invoice from the seller to get the combined postage.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm sure it's a lot easier than I'm making out lol. I don't get paid until Friday but I'm gonna spend the money then anyway so I might as well spend it now:p I always make justifications like this and this is why I'm always poor lol.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by oddsleepjunkie View Post
    This thread depresses me so much :( would love to have nice nails but have been a pathological nail biter for as long as I can remember- nails are embarrassingly ugly and bitten,really depresses me and I'm dead self conscious about my hands cause of it :( any tips on stopping biting nails,at least until they're strong enough to get false ones as don't think I could stop nailbiting for an extended period of time?
    I was just reading through this thread and i really feel for you. All my life i have bite my nails very bad, they would be a few mm short and very painful. I'd curl up my fingers all the time to hide them. Nothing would work, i had tried hypnosis cds, that grose tasting stuff + being bribed by family lol.
    But about 4 times in the past couple of years i managed to get long nails that reached 1/4cm longer than my fingers
    They are again now very short but im past the craving to bite stage
    This is how i do it, not sure if its a bad way but its the only way which has worked.

What i figured out is im constantly looking at my nails or feeling them in my mouth or with fingers to find a jaggedy bit. I cant stop the habbit of looking at them. I bought a sally hansen maximum grow clear nail varnish, or anything clear and put that on. It makes a smooth edge on your nails and theres less risk of biting. If that fails i would paint my nails, no matter how tiny, a different colour everyday. I was embarrassed at first people seeing them but then i felt slightly yay i can wear colour at last. Just painting them or rubbing oil into them made me have that extra willpower to stop. Each time you accidently nibble, put another coat on or switch colour completly. I had tried putting fake ones on but i would chew the plastic and the glue really hurts on short nails.

It takes me 3 days of not biting to be able to grow them. It is grose but my little nail was about 3mm long last week, in a month they will be not embarrasing, they will look like "normal" bitten nails. 2-3 months and i have nails to the end of my finger. Its probably quicker than that.

Everytime i start to bite them i think i will never get them long again. Its initially will power, i have to become very sad about them and see someone's pretty nails to get me to stop.

Its the first 3 days for me which are the hardest, after my nails become stronger feeling, so i notice that in my mouth and dont automatically bite. I plan it ahead. Pick a date This is what works for me. It is hard i know :( Just takes a little stressfull event and they all go. But it can be done.

I used to think, i'll buy pretty nail varnish when my nails have grown as a reward, but i found i gave up easier then. Buy the nail varnish now and use it If only on weekends or by yourself, then switch the clear when around people if your self conscious. With me though, just having them a few mm longer i get more confidence.

Theres always more varnish to be bought, you can see peoples collections on here lol. Hope this helps
    Last edited by mannequinx; 04-24-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Bought Models Own Ibiza Mix today and just put it on my thumb to see what it's like. I love it
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :