Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67117157158159160161162163164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1685

Thread: The Nail Thread

I agree. Those are definitely more towards the stiletto side lol These are actually fake. I've had them on for over 2 weeks and they haven't fallen off. I actually just went to Sally's Beauty supply and got acrylic nails, glued them, cut them to points and rounded them with a file how I wanted. This is a very inexpensive nail polish. It's from Sinful Colors and it's like the only gold they carry. It's $1.99 US. I actually oddly enough collect gold nail polishes and was in a Walgreens and spotted it one day and now I'm obsessed. It's so pigmented. One coat is all I needed to apply. I usually spend a fortune to get my nails done so I thought I'd be frugal and try a DIY project. It cost about $6.50 US to do this including the nail polish.
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    Hip (Surface or Microdermals)
    VCH &/or HCH

So they're like stick ons? Sinful colors do some nice stuff!

I do gel overlays or sculptured extensions on mine, probably works out at a few $ a set, I also do my own Gelish polish as well, saves a fortune!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I love Sinful Colors! I'm so annoyed they stopped selling it in Boots over here. I can occasionally find them in the shops but never colours I want, booo!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Not a great photo but this is my latest Gelish manicure, I think it turned out well

Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

So as we all know im hopeless at nails
    Im looking for some fakies that add length but i can just get filled in when they grow (i had acrylics with a gel overlay before i think..) but now theres lots of new terms and i have no idea what it is im looking for. Options are: acrylics full set, acrylics overlay, biosculpture tips or overlay. Whats the difference? Halp!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    So as we all know im hopeless at nails
    Im looking for some fakies that add length but i can just get filled in when they grow (i had acrylics with a gel overlay before i think..) but now theres lots of new terms and i have no idea what it is im looking for. Options are: acrylics full set, acrylics overlay, biosculpture tips or overlay. Whats the difference? Halp!
    Acrylics full set - fully sculpted acrylics (can be infilled and back filled)
    Acrylics overlay - this is a layer of acrylic layered over your natural nail with no length added (can be infilled and back filled)
    Biosculpture tips - this is where a nail tip is glued onto the free edge of your natural nail, then a gel layer is put on top.
    Biosculpture overlay - a layer of gel is put on top of the natural nail with no length added.

I don't know about the procedure for infilling with gel tbh. I'd just go for a full set of acrylics if I were you.

Awesome! Thank you

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

You're welcome love <3

Super pleased with my Christmas nails! ^_^ Will post up a photo tomorrow as it's late, but I'm really proud of how they have come out.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos