Page 166 of 169 FirstFirst ... 66116156157158159160161162163164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1685

Thread: The Nail Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia66 View Post
    I cant find a base coat i like so have been trying a few. None i really like but i really dont like the essie one as it seems to change the application of the nail varnish [makes it streaky]
    I really like the sally hansen top coat [with the blue lid not sure its proper name] Its quite a thick consistency tho so i know some people dont like that. I fins it prolongs the life of my nail varnish and it smells quite nice too!

I love the look and how long gel lasts, but im just so lazy taking it off
    Awesome and yeah removal is so boring lol! I'm mad lazy now, I drill-file right down then just soak the last bit or buff it off and cover it again haha

I'm in LOVE with my Hand and Nail Harmony Gelish LED lamp, 30 second curing is amazing
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I broke two nails yesterday, and not even a little bit either, they're both right down to the quick. Humft.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I always cap the nail and still I get chips. I feel like I've tried ever top coat available too and none of them help!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

UNT Ready for Takeoff (Peel Off Base Coat) is what Simply Nailogical uses and she changes her nails every week at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiequeefs View Post
    UNT Ready for Takeoff (Peel Off Base Coat) is what Simply Nailogical uses and she changes her nails every week at least.
    No wonder she doesn't get chips if she changes that often
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I find peel off base coats pointless because they peel off when I don't want them to. Washing up with it on is a nightmare. I lose countless nails!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

try wiping a little nail varnish remover over your nails and letting it dry before applying nail varnish. Might be they are a bit oily which is affecting the polish wearing time and the nail varnish remover should get rid of that.

Protecting your hands goes a long way too, always wear gloves when in water/detergents, aside from shower/bathing/swimming ofc. Lightly buffing and dehydrating the nail plate can help some as well especially if the nail plate is oily.

So I decided to give the DIY stiletto, almond or cat claw nails. Whatever you wish to call them. Instead of spending $40 to have them done, I spent $5 and I would say they turned out pretty darn decent. It's a win in my book lol

Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    Hip (Surface or Microdermals)
    VCH &/or HCH

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticfate View Post
    So I decided to give the DIY stiletto, almond or cat claw nails. Whatever you wish to call them. Instead of spending $40 to have them done, I spent $5 and I would say they turned out pretty darn decent. It's a win in my book lol
    Are they extensions or your own? What colour is that? What products did you use? I'd say yours are a pointed almond but many call them stiletto. They're pretty!

I always call these stiletto:

But as these were mainly used for competitions etc people toned them down but called them the same.

I've just got Tiki Tiki LaRanga by Gelish, it's a bright orange and some black halloween water decals for my hols! My nails are super short atm and I don't have the time right now to do a set of extensions so they'll have to do! I'll post when I've done them