Thread: Snug Ear Piercing and Vertical Tragus

Default Snug Ear Piercing and Vertical Tragus

Okay, so I've decided that I want to decorate my ear some more. Finally decided that I want to get a snug piercing.

So. Questions are;
    -How viable is this piercing? (E.G. is it prone to regejction, etc.)
    -Is it a difficult piercing to heal?
    -What is the healing period? (I'm assuming similar to rook?)
    -Aesthetically, this is going on an ear with a rook piercing and a double lobe piercing; do you think this will look okay?
    -Anything else I should know before I go for it?

Even though I want this piercing first, I've also decided that, at a later date, I want to decorate my other ear with a vertical tragus piercing (not a surface one though).

Again, questions are;
    -How viable is this piercing?
    -Is it a difficult piercing to heal?
    -What is the healing period?
    -Aesthetically, this is going on an ear with two helix piercings, a 4mm stretch and 1.6mm lobe piercing; do you think this will look okay?
    -Anything else I should know before I go for it?

Thanks in advance. =)

Jx

Many people will tell you that snugs are a real bitch to heal. Some do reject, although I don't seem to find threads about them rejecting, just being the bitch that they are. A lot of people with snugs who have had them close to a year say they still haven't healed, or they've been dealing with 'the bump'. I have a rook piercing and it's healing fine, nothing like what I hear from people with a snug. I wanted a snug for over a year before I found out they were so hard to heal. You shouldn't let all of this stop you from wanting it though. There are still people who've had little problem with it. You just have to devote a lot of time to caring for it and a lot of patience. Neither of those I have :P I'm not sure about the vertical tragus, I don't know anyone who has it nor have I seen anything about them here. Hopefully someone else is able to answer those questions for you.
    ~Gabby~

Current - lobes, forward helix, outer conch, rook, surface tragus, tongue, nose, navel, and wrist dermal
    Want - anti tragus and conch
    Retired - snakebites, tragus, helix and bottom navel

Hey, I have a snug piercing and yea....it has definately been a bitch to heal. I've had it for well over a year now, and every now and then it tends to flare up and get sore. I also found that when I got my anti tragus done on the same ear...about 6months later (maybe longer I can't remember) and that made it play up too...it started pussing again, even worse than when I first had it pierced. Although it is my FAVOURITE piercing and I refuse to take it out aha. I think you jsut have to be patient with it if you decide to get it, as they usually take a long time to heal. I've never heard of it rejecting before, jsut people can't be bothered with the long healing time. One thing to look out for it slepping on it, I found I slept on mine a lot which it didn't like, although mine is quite a high snug, so I suppose that depends on the placement. I think you should go for it if you think you are patient enough to clean it regularly, wait for it to heal properly and expect it to flare up randomly. I hope this helps . As for the Vertical tragus piercing, I'm not too sure, sorry about that. but if you decide to get them good luck
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.
    Wish List: Rook, Gill, Orbital, Tatto.
    Retired: 3 x Lobe, 1 x Tragus.

Tumblr

Snugs can take typically over a year to heal. Appaently it is prone to rejection, but shouldn't be if you look after it really well. I have a snug and it hasn't been that much of a bitch. It's very swollen though. But I have had hardly any problems with it! I don't know why! I think some people over SSS it. I do it once a day instead of twice like I used to because that caused me more issues to be honest! Oh and it does hurt, but it's worth it But go for it The vertical tragus sounds cool too!

I think it will look good on the ear that you describe
    Christina

Piercings

Right ear: Snug, Tragus, Lobe.
    Left ear: Rook, Lobe.
    Others: Navel, Tongue, Nipples.
    Retired: Nose.
    Wants: Anti-Tragus.