Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going up on sizes with my gauges?

Default Going up on sizes with my gauges?

So ive came to the realization that ive stretched far too quickly when the harm was already done. I got my ears pierced sometime around September last year. I started stretching sometime around late October or early November. At this point in time im at a 2g. When i was doing my stretch from 10g to 4g, i had a minor blow out with lots of blood. When i look at the hole in my ear it has some minor scar tissue hence the cat butt? I went from a 4g to a 2g sometime around January 5th(2 weeks ago) & im wondering how long i should wait for this piercing to settle in? Also any treatment for it? Salt baths? Etc? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan001 View Post
    When i was doing my stretch from 10g to 4g
    Well there's your first problem. Stretching from 10g to 4g is absolutely foolish & I doubt your blow out was "minor" if there was lots of blood.

I think you can abandon all hope in terms of trying to fix the current scarring you have. You could have saved your ears if you hadn't skipped sizes.

It was minor in the sense i didnt tear as much as i couldve. For some reason my piercings heal quickly. I know i can. But im trying to save myself future damage that can be done.

One of the first links in the General Piercing & Jewelry Forum section is a thread called Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It. Read that. All of it. It gives the measurements for sea salt soaks as well.

Checked it. Thanks bro on that tip.

In all honesty, the best thing you can do, if not the only thing you can do is totally remove your jewellery and wait for six months minimum. There will be no way to fix your ears or to make them healthier unless you do downsize totally. If you don;t downsize, you're looking at finding your remaining stretches incredibly difficult due to the build up of scar tissue and excess tissue. Dependent on your goal size, you may not even be able to reach it. Please totally downsize and start again correctly.

Here are the standardised times.

16->14g = one month
    14->12g = one month
    12->10g = one month
    10->8g = one month
    8->6g = six weeks
    6->4g = two months
    4->2g = two months
    2->1g = two months
    1->0g = two months

Anything above 0g should have a two/three month minimum IMO.

Going by your timescale, you should be at no larger than 3.2mm/8g at this current point in time. I seriously suggest you totally downsize and start again in six months.

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

ok im new to stretching but ive just been going by the feel of my ears. i havnt been waiting as long as you say. woops :P ive just been seeing how comfortable the taper is day by day. as soon as there's too much friction and feels slightly tight i stop. i dont push it by any means. i have a 4mm in my left ear and half way up an 8mm in my right. i started months ago but i cant quite remember when. when i get up a size i leave it alone for about a week. no blowouts or pain.

i hear bio-oil and other oils with vitamin e are very good for blow outs and scarred tissue. ive been rubbing my lobes with it when i remember to :P salt baths are good. anything with alcohol can dry out your skin

have each ear x 2, tragus, stretching to 10mm, tongue. had my lip and helix.

Do NOT wear tapers. They should be in your ear for a matter of seconds!

Wear plugs.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

i know what your saying but i cant afford plugs all the way up the sizing process... i know tapers arent jewellery but i havnt had any problems. i wouldn't trust my skill with the taping method!

Hate to be rude, but if you can't afford to stretch using correct materials. You shouldn't be stretching. It's hardly a cheap process, but taping really brings the cost down. Seriously, if you want to mess your ears up so you can't reach your goal size, sure, keep wearing tapers. But if you actually care for your lobes and want them to be healthy, take out the tapers. You'll save yourself so, so much trouble in the long run. Here's a link to a stretching guide, including the tape method I wrote a while back: http://awfulmodifications.tumblr.com...retching-guide

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast