Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going up on sizes with my gauges?

At least then get a taper in each size, not trying to shove a 8mm taper in a 3/4mm hole...

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Look for cheap tapers online or go to some local shop around. Ive heard of spots selling them for 5 bucks a pair. I even have just stretched with one taper & slipped the tunnel rite in. Just dont do what i did & went quickly on my stretching & skipped a size for being impatient. Comes to bite u in the ass sooner or later.

Btw i would pull out my gages but theyre already in & i work & just showing up with the hole in my ears, well id get smacked... So im just staying here with them or letting them heal up even though of all the damage done to my ears already & possibly stretching them out slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan001 View Post
    Look for cheap tapers online or go to some local shop around. Ive heard of spots selling them for 5 bucks a pair. I even have just stretched with one taper & slipped the tunnel rite in. Just dont do what i did & went quickly on my stretching & skipped a size for being impatient. Comes to bite u in the ass sooner or later.

Btw i would pull out my gages but theyre already in & i work & just showing up with the hole in my ears, well id get smacked... So im just staying here with them or letting them heal up even though of all the damage done to my ears already & possibly stretching them out slowly.
    That's exactly how you're supposed to do it, well done!
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

no no. i haven't shoved anything. i put an 8mm taper into a 6mm hole, it might not be right but i haven't pushed it. everyone says not to use tapers but no one says why? plus i don't think taping could be exactly accurate. as in a don't have an accurate measuring device.

No one says why???? It's written literally on every (good) stretching guide. The reason why wearing tapers instead of just using them as a stretching tool is that it puts uneven pressure on the hole, which contributes to the cat butt effect. Not to mention it's really awkward and not particularly safe in terms of risking catching it in something and tearing it out.

Also, to be honest, it does not look good. But that's just a personal opinion.

I think places that sell tapers should stop providing o rings with them so that it appears obvious that they are not meant to be worn like jewellery.
    Currently:
    8 mm lobes
    1.2 mm tragus
    1.2 mm septum
    Forehead dermal yay!
    Retired:
    lower navel
    second lobes
    Want: 2d tragus on right ear, conch on left, tattoos

Once again, please read my stretching guide. Oh, and PTFE tape is roughly 0.25 mm. So 4 wraps (one per week) is equal to 1mm a month. The correct waiting time between sizes.

http://awfulmodifications.tumblr.com...retching-guide

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

Quote Originally Posted by conch-ious View Post
    i know what your saying but i cant afford plugs all the way up the sizing process... i know tapers arent jewellery but i havnt had any problems. i wouldn't trust my skill with the taping method!
    Septum keepers are good at small sizes and very cheap. You can dead stretch with them so no money wasted on a taper. You can get bullet style plugs at larger sizes that do the same thing..
    there's also this
    http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...D=1639&index=1
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx View Post
    Septum keepers are good at small sizes and very cheap. You can dead stretch with them so no money wasted on a taper. You can get bullet style plugs at larger sizes that do the same thing..
    there's also this
    I wouldnt go with dead stretch. More probability of messing up ur ears. Tapers can be found for dirt cheap. Ever tried amazon? I can find a 1 taper for 2 bucks with free shipping... Its all a matter of looking. I know you have spare change often & if u aint got a credit card or debit then ask one of your friends or folks if u can borrow it & pay them for it. So try dont just give up & say u aint got the cash for it. Btw sunnyx theyre gonna still spend money on their jewlery. I would go to amazon or somewhere online to do my shopping, easier & often times much more cheap...

I wouldnt go with dead stretch. More probability of messing up ur ears. Tapers can be found for dirt cheap. Ever tried amazon? I can find a 1 taper for 2 bucks with free shipping... Its all a matter of looking. I know you have spare change often & if u aint got a credit card or debit then ask one of your friends or folks if u can borrow it & pay them for it. So try dont just give up & say u aint got the cash for it. Btw sunnyx theyre gonna still spend money on their jewlery. I would go to amazon or somewhere online to do my shopping, easier & often times much more cheap...
    WRONG!!
    Dead stretching cannot be forced, you have to go at the rate your ears dictate. It's actually a very safe and gentle way to stretch.
    All you need are plugs with round ends. Plus there's always taping, ptfe tape costs like a quid for a whole roll.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Septum keepers are about the price of tapers overall and generally better for your piercing? Dead stretching does save money on tapers was my point.

Dead stretching is fine though as long as you use plenty of lube and don't try to force it. I used them this time over (used tapers and plugs last time) and my ears look far better this time around.

(plus you can't do stupid shit with them like you can with tapers. I used to leave my taper in overnight halfway before putting it all the way in the morning. Can you do that with a septum keeper? Nuh uh.)
    Last edited by Sunnyx; 01-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast