Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arts and Crafts Thread

Default The Arts and Crafts Thread

I had a thought about creating this thread last night just to see what sort of crafts people actually do because I think it's such a nice and creative way to pass the time.

As a few of you know, I'm a huge crochet fan and I've made a few things so far, e.g hats, cushions and my kindle cover. I've also finished some latch hook kits to create cushion covers too. I really enjoy making my own things as I get a huge sense of satisfaction knowing that it's completely individual and there might not be another one out there like it.

Here are some photos of what I've made, except I'm still to get a photo of the hat I made my boyfriend!:

Last edited by sweetpea; 01-14-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

This is the cushion I made from a tin that I got for christmas from my Sister:

And this is my Kindle cover that I made from a 45p pillowcase and some spare wool I had :

I'm also planning on making a blanket for my sister's baby as a present for them both, hence the baby pattern book!

So, just out of interest, what sort of crafts do you lot do? By this I mean anything like paper crafts, knitting, crochet, quilting, jewellery making, anything!
    Last edited by sweetpea; 01-14-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

I used to make loads when I was at school - knitting (although I could only ever make scarves), sowing, jewellery making - plus a lot of my friends are in art/craft jobs now - but just got out of the habit recently. However!! My bf bought me a load of craft books for my birthday this week so I'm really hoping to get back into this and I'd love to see what you guys are making!! I'm going to start with a few bits and pieces for the house and work my way up from there, but I really am a novice

I've decided that I'm going to make another hat, one that I can wear with most of my clothes as the one I made before is really a winter hat with the ear flaps etc. Then, I'll start on the baby blanket but I'm yet to decide which one to do; a huge "granny square" blanket or follow the pattern in the book. Only reason I'm umming and ahhing is because I've never even tried the ripple pattern but I guess I won't know what it's like till I've tried it!

My mum and sister are really crafty too. My mum taught me how to crochet which is probably the most useful thing she's taught me, as silly as that sounds. My nan taught me how to knit but I find crochet far easier because you can always see where you've gone wrong.

My sister is a huge fan of cross stitching, I think she's done 3 pieces now? If I'm correct. She's currently making a butterfly hanging, but I won't touch it because it's on this huge stand in our living room! My mum also likes cross stitches but she's put it on hold so she can knit a baby cardigan. She's nearly finished it, I'll take photos of everything when it's done
    Last edited by sweetpea; 01-14-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

I loooooooove that hat you made! Did you use a pattern or just...your brain? haha. I would love to make something like that. Its so adorable.
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Wow talented lady.

I'm not very artistic but I do make teddy bears, just getting back into it now my boys are both in school and I'm not studying.
    Piercings
    1st Lobes 1.6mm, 2nd Lobes 1.2mm, Left Tragus 1.2mm, Left Helix 1.2mm, Right Conch 1.2mm, Nipples 1.6mm, Navel 1.6mm, VCH 1.6mm, Outer labias 2.5mm, Inner labias 2mm, 1mm Left Nostril, Right Daith!

3 Tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by spudkissed View Post
    I loooooooove that hat you made! Did you use a pattern or just...your brain? haha. I would love to make something like that. Its so adorable.

I used a pattern but made the edging, flower and tassles myself
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Scarred_pierced

I really want to learn how to crochet

Quote Originally Posted by phillipalouise View Post
    I used a pattern but made the edging, flower and tassles myself
    Very nice. I think I've got a new project to look into lol
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    I really want to learn how to crochet
    Me too, my epic wooly wristwarmers of doom are starting to need random repairs :(

I've made wool (felted) dreads, that's about it lol. Come to think of it, I have a heap of wool to make into a set that I haven't got round to designing yet. Tsk.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Page 1 of 46 1234567891011 ... LastLast