Thread: Tongue nom nom

Default Tongue nom nom

might as well post my diary seen as i've found them very helpful when deciding whether to get this piercing.

day one
    popped into thou art and booked my piercing for about half an hour later. i was alone and nervous. so i popped off to get a panini and buy some very cute tongue bars and some nail varnish. oh and of course i stocked up on soup, non alchoholic mouthwash, paracetamol and some ibuprofen.
    i was called in to the piercing room and i got the adrenalin rush i got when i had my septum done and i started to ask lots of questions and started to babble. the lady who pierced me was ridiculously nice so.
    i then had to rinse my mouth with some yellow liquid and she marked my tongue. i really didn't want the bar far foward (because i don't really like the look of it PLUS my mum told me she would be much happier if i got it placed so it would have less chance of wrecking my teeth XD) and when i looked at the placement it looked too far to the right. it took another 2 attempts before i was FINALLY happy. i definately recommend being SURE before going through with that placement. i know that i hated the first placement and now that i'm all pierced i love where i decided to get it pierced.
    so i then had to stick out my tongue as far as possible until my jaw started to ache. she clamped my tongue which didn't hurt at all (i wish the clamps did hurt and then it would numb the needle pain a little) and then i was told to take a deep breath and she pushed the needle through my tongue. didn't take her long to get the bar in but i started to breathe really fast and i felt so faint. it did hurt quite a bit i found for some reason but the bar felt like it was blocking my breathing and i just started to panic a little.
    i proceeded to lie on the dentisty chair for the next 20 minutes sipping water and mumbling because i felt aweful XD the lady was so lovely and tried to distract me and when i finally left i went to get a coke. problem was, as soon as i got out of the shop i felt aweful and as i walked down the alley my vision literally started to cloud over and i walked like a drunk. i managed to get to gregs before passing out and saved myself by finding a seat and sipping coke.
    i then had to get the bus but had to collapse onto benches at least 3 times on the way. it was a pretty dire situation and i wish i had asked my mate to come with me. i couldn't talk at all and sipped soup for tea.
    sleeping was difficult but when i was actually asleep i slept fine. i woke up to no real discomfort but wow your mouth gets dry overnight so please please PLEASE sleep with a drink because you will thank yourself.

day two/three
    my tongue swelled to a massive size that i didn't think was possible. the back of my tongue was discoloured and i just drooled everywhere if i tried to speak. i couldn't eat anything so just slurped soup. it was awful.
    i drugged myself up on anti inflammataries and painkillers and i dread to think about what it would of been like without them. woah.
    but most of all i just found it uncomfortable to swallow, i couldn't talk without sounding like a deaf person (sorry) and i just ended up grunting. the bottom ball of the bar is pretty big and is pressing on the saliva gland (gross and uncomfortable) and it is also pressing on some sort of gland or nerve that connects to my neck so that was VERY painful and my neck swelled up and started pulsing a bit. i'm not sure if anyone has had similar but it's very uncomfortable.

day 4/5
    back to school and i can speak but wow i sound stupid. better today but i have the most awful lisp (so as you can imagine, i get ripped on at school by my friends XD) and can't pronounce certain words.
    th's and s's are difficult. the worst word is maths. i had to say it so much today and NO ONE could understand me. they were all 'meg, what lesson do we have?' 'maffzzz' 'what?' 'mafffzzz' 'maff?' 'MAFFFZ?!'
    but the swelling is going down but is still pretty big. the edges of my tongue are not crinkly anymore and i can finally eat solid food (but with alot of concentration because otherwise i'm scared i will chomp on the bar)
    also i am starting to play with the bar. i pull it forward and roll it over my front teeth and hook the bottom ball on my bottom teeth and i rub the top ball on my palette. can't wait to wear pfte/teflon and then i won't have to worry about chips and wear down as much. but it's freaking addictive.
    but i still feel like i have block braces and can't close my mouth properly and there is still discomfort.

hope this was helpful. i'll update. xxx
    Megan
    *2x Lobes*
    *2x Lobes*
    *Forward Helix*
    *Daith*
    *Septum*
    *Conch*
    *Tragus*
    *Tongue*
    *Belly Button-retired*

That sounds...kind of awful.
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Wow, sorry you didn't have a great time of it :( adrenaline's a bitch when it wears off and leaves you all drained and faint like that.

Stop playing with the bar so much (hard to resist though innit?) go get it downsized as soon as the swelling's down, the worst time for bar-chomping is when you have tons of slack on the bar.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Congrats Meggie. I got two on my tongue over Christmas so have a good idea what you must have been going through. As you say the addrenaline rush is fantastic. Same thing happened to me too I woke up in the early hours of the morning after and my mouth was dry like sawdust and my tongue was full of blood. Felt like somebody had bolted my tongue down with a giant staple gun! I went back today and got them shortened down from 18mm to 16mm. It's the first time in almost three weeks that I've been able to talk properly without a lischp! Hope your teachers aren't giving you a hard time for it?

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...y-Street-diary Here's my diary if you fancy a nosey.

Have you got any pics?

I had no problems having my toungue done... Didnt even swell much either. I could eat normal and drink normal the next day.

You just have to take it easy and dont rush the healing as this can cause more stress on you piercing x

Good luck healing x
    Current Piercings....

Left Nipple, Nose, Tounge, Tragus right ear, Conch Left ear, micro dermel back of neck, microdermel under eye, 5 x labret on bottom lip ,Septum, bridge, collar bone piercings and venoms on tongue.

Past Piercings ...

VCH, belly button, 3 Helix right ear, scaffold left ear, 3 sternum dermels. 2 dermel on neck, cheeks,

Wanted Piercings...

Rook, Daith and MD`s in a tattoo design on my leg

Tattos..

Paws on chest and dark angel on the whole of my back.

day seven
    improving by the day. i can eat food without thinking too much about it, but the fact that i have been thinking about it, ensures i haven't had a chance to have any of that awful bar chomping action! my lisp is not half as noticable but i still sound a little bit...interesting XD also i feel like there is FAR to much sticky saliva in my mouth (sorry if you were eating that is so gross) and i often have to stop mid speech to swallow which isn't my favourite thing but it's rather entertaining.
    the bar still feels awfully large, with the bottom ball still pushing down alot but i guess that will go away when i have the bar changed. i have tried to stop fiddling and messing with the bar so much as a crater has occurred around the piercing but i am perfectly happy with it.

some pics for yall:

^^this is the....second day i had it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you can kinda see the edges of this, they had swelled and had gone a really strange crinkled shape. ews.

^^THIS foul thing was my tongue yesterday. EW. it had gone a greeny brown colour especially at the back but it was creeping forward. i read on the internet that actually too much non alcoholic mouthwash use on tongue piercings can kill the helpful bacteria on the tongue that prevent infection and cause the green and brown colouring. not sure whether this rings true but i have stopped using the mouthwash if i'm honest because it was a gross colour. foul.

^^^my tongue today. the swelling is still present a little but has gone down SO MUCH!

^^you can see how much of a diagonal my tongue is pierced.

daft picture of my face to round this little picture time off.
    mwhahahahha
    Last edited by Meggiemoo; 01-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Megan
    *2x Lobes*
    *2x Lobes*
    *Forward Helix*
    *Daith*
    *Septum*
    *Conch*
    *Tragus*
    *Tongue*
    *Belly Button-retired*

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt Kobain View Post
    Congrats Meggie. I got two on my tongue over Christmas so have a good idea what you must have been going through. As you say the addrenaline rush is fantastic. Same thing happened to me too I woke up in the early hours of the morning after and my mouth was dry like sawdust and my tongue was full of blood. Felt like somebody had bolted my tongue down with a giant staple gun! I went back today and got them shortened down from 18mm to 16mm. It's the first time in almost three weeks that I've been able to talk properly without a lischp! Hope your teachers aren't giving you a hard time for it?

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...y-Street-diary Here's my diary if you fancy a nosey.

Have you got any pics?
    believe it or not i have already seen your awesome thread XD helped me alot when deciding whether or not to get a tongue piercing (kudos to you on the quality street o meter XD) brillinat

really it took you nearly 3 weeks to talk properly?! that's pretty amazing XD
    and no i think everyone just thought i had got block braces or something because i was a sorry sight
    pictures posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Wow, sorry you didn't have a great time of it :( adrenaline's a bitch when it wears off and leaves you all drained and faint like that.

Stop playing with the bar so much (hard to resist though innit?) go get it downsized as soon as the swelling's down, the worst time for bar-chomping is when you have tons of slack on the bar.
    thanks i've stopped playing with the bar half as much because i REALLY want this piercing healed to start with the beautiful colourful bars out there. there are some BEAUTIES!
    Megan
    *2x Lobes*
    *2x Lobes*
    *Forward Helix*
    *Daith*
    *Septum*
    *Conch*
    *Tragus*
    *Tongue*
    *Belly Button-retired*

Ahhh looks so good! Wish I wouldnt have chickened out of getting mine done yesterday...its still killing me :(
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

day sixteen

favourite piercing. yes yes yes. i love it. i can talk fine. it's comfortable in my mouth and i love to play with it. i chew it, roll it on my lips and teeth and rub it on the roof of my mouth. i don't care if it's weird I LOVE IT. eating is almost normal if i'm honest. it would be much easier to get the bar downsized but in all honesty there is still slight slight ever so slight swelling around the bar. a little annoying but hey ho. i am being naughty though and changing the top ball (but never the bottom ball).

so far i have worn a uv acrylic green ball which was quite large in my
    mouth and a silicon tickler thing (shown below) that was very comfy and nice to chew on. also my boyfriend is slightly in love with it and it makes kissing a bit more fun

it's always such a nice feeling to change the top ball back to the small titanium ball though because it is so comfortable..it's like not even having anything in my mouth at all.
    sorry for going on, i'm just so happy with it.

in biology lesson the other day we all had to stick out our tongues to see who could roll them. look how funny it looks XD

side note. got my hair cut today. don't really like it :/

look at my little hoarded collection so far. the pill ones look like fun XD

and yeah that's my update. tah for reading.

Megan
    *2x Lobes*
    *2x Lobes*
    *Forward Helix*
    *Daith*
    *Septum*
    *Conch*
    *Tragus*
    *Tongue*
    *Belly Button-retired*

Bit pointless to buy loads of bars until you're fully healed imo. At this point you don't know what size you'll be wearing long term, and you shouldn't wear steel (or acrylic I think) until fully healed.

I had a pill one, wore it like twice cos it was so annoyingly huge. But hey, enjoy the novelty stage it is fun.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue