Thread: septum advice

Default septum advice

hello!

it's about a week till i get my septum pierced, i'm really looking forward to it, but first instead of info pages on google, ect, i'd like to know from people's genuine personal experiences, things like; how painful you thought it was, how much it swelled, best way to look after it afterwards, healing times and all that stuff

i won't be put off if everyone says it's a painful one, but out of interest, how would you say it was pain wise, compared to a scaffold or navel (they were the only piercings that 'hurt' me)

thanks in advance :333
    poh of the undead~

face: septum, cheeks
    oral: smiley, tongue web, venoms
    right ear: horizontal industrial, 16mm stretched lobe
    left ear: 2mm lobe
    retired: spiderbites (don't look right with cheeks) and my 2 collarbone dermals

There's a few diaries in the experiences section if you have a look.

I didn't find mine that painful, my eyes didn't water either but most people's do. No swelling, just leave it alone and it's never really hurt or been problematic since. Easiest healing piercing I've ever had.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

oh i never thought to look there *facepalm* hehe i'll have a peep

have you got a good pain tolerance? because i have a pretty.. weak pain tolerance:(
    poh of the undead~

I don't think tolerance comes into it, pain doesn't really come into it for me either when it comes to piercings. Stubbing your toes usually hurts a lot more and for longer, that's the way I look at it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

haha, alright, thanks i think i'll remember that when i get pierced "it's gunna hurt, but imagine stubbing mah toe:/" haha takes the pain away
    poh of the undead~

Hey yeah once you start thinking that it'll all be over hehe

It seems to be a more mild pain for most people. Mine hurt more than I thought, but I got it pierced at 2mm so maybe that was why. Anyhow, its an amazingly easy healer for pretty much everyone...and whats a second of pain :P
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

i have such a low pain tolerance and it was quite uncomfortable to be pierced for me. my eyes watered alot.

now this will sound strange but i compare the pain i felt to if you pinch between your nails the skin above your upper lip really hard until it hurts....that's what mine felt like to get pierced. i am a strange one.
    to heal, my fastest healing piercing and i love it. so easy. SEPTUM I LOVE YOU.
    Megan
    *2x Lobes*
    *2x Lobes*
    *Forward Helix*
    *Daith*
    *Septum*
    *Conch*
    *Tragus*
    *Tongue*
    *Belly Button-retired*

Mine wasn't painful at all, I had it done without having it numbed at all and it was over in a flash. The only time it was ever uncomfortable was when I got a cold, about a week later - blowing my nose was such a nightmare!

Mine hurt pretty badly and it hurt quite a bit during the first week of healing but it never really swelled on me. The only thing I dislike is cleaning the crusties off and accidentally sliding them through the fistula! Ouch!