Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a tongue split.

Default Confessions of a tongue split.

My tongue split is scheduled for 12 tomorrow. I'm hoping to keep an informed experience diary here of it along the way. Expect a lot of not nice stuff during the healing. While you sit there cringing over blood and pain, take a second to imagine how I'm feeling

I got my tongue scalpelled and tapered to 6mm five months ago, purely to provide a decent anchor for the split.

The day it was done.

The next day. The caption on this photo on facebook was very fitting! "Day 2. I still hate myself and want to die."

And a few days ago, all healed and lovely.

Okay so.. I'm a smoker and I'm addicted to Rockstar. I live on cheese. I've to smoke as less as possible (I'm being realistic here; I'm not going to be able to just quit and I don't want to), no rockstar and no dairy. Water water water. Ice!

I plan on having my last cigarette before the split not long before I go in. Then I'll rinse my mouth and the split will be done. I'll leave it for a bit before I attempt to smoke and when I do, it'll be only when I really need to. The only liquid to pass my lips will be water (this'll be a challenge... I hate the stuff) and I'll just have to have cheese-free pasta :P we have pasta most nights anyway and it's soft so it should be good. Although it is Sunday tomorrow and we'll be going to my mum's for Sunday lunch. So we'll see how I get through that!

Anyway, like I said, I'll be in the studio at 12. My mum has a computer so there may be photos soon after. If not, it'll probably be about 7ish before I upload any (:

AND IT'S DONE!
    We were running late and I got to the studio at about 12:10. Kyle got everything ready and called me through. He was like an exciteable puppy, bless. He sat me in the chair and had me rinse my mouth out. Then came the marking. Tbh this was probably the worst. Holding my head back, my mouth open and my tongue out got pretty sore. Then the clamps which were pinchy but not bad. Jo was standing behind me holding those. And we were set! He cut from back to front and I honestly never felt a thing. He was really quick too. And then the blood came! He made do lots and lots of rinses then he held gauze to it for a bit and then had me sit with my tongue in mouth with gauze between the parts, changing it out every 5 or so minutes.
    The most painful part were the rinses. Even then, it was only a little stinging. I'm now back at my mum's and the first gauze change myself caused epic bleeding but all is well now No pain, no.. nothing

Ignore the face!

Looks teeny weeny in this. It goes right the way back (:
    Last edited by wallflower; 01-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Is Colin getting a tongue split too?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Ouchies,you have some balls,dnt think I could go through with it!Keep us posted,where are you getting it done ?
    Hey there Face=Nostril,Septum,Labret L.Ear=Tragus,10mm lobe,Rook R.Ear=Industrial,10mm lobe, Misc=Navel
    Grand total of 9 piercings One full forearm tattoo
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1053166560

Old Town Tattoo. It's like my second home :P

Colin will be at some point
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Well I wish you luck with it :p the thought of stitches/pulling the sides apart etc makes me cringe! is old town tattoo good for heavier mods etc?Always handy in case I ever suddenly decide I fancy getting into the heavier side of things
    Hey there Face=Nostril,Septum,Labret L.Ear=Tragus,10mm lobe,Rook R.Ear=Industrial,10mm lobe, Misc=Navel
    Grand total of 9 piercings One full forearm tattoo
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1053166560

Yep, OTT is the place Kyle does scarification, implants etc.. and he's a total sweetheart too. If a bit of a weirdo (in the best way) :P

Good luck! I'm fascinated by tongue splits so this will be really interesting!
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

ouchiee O.o good luck!

You so know the first thing I'm asking you to do when I see you next month haha!

Stick ya tongue out!!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

haha of course!

Thanks peoples

I'm.. surprisingly okay right now!
    I dunno if I ever shared this story... so I'm going to share it again just in case!

When I first went in to talk to Kyle about it, he took me into the room, sat me on the bed and told me to poke my tongue out. He got out his little light (you know the ones doctors use... white and look like a pen?) and proceeded to look at my tongue. The entire time, I was shitting myself because my head had convinced me a little scalpel was going to pop out of the end and he was going to go ahead and do it right there and then! I can't even put into words the anxiety and panic I was feeling. It was awful! So I guess I have an idea of how I'm going to feel tomorrow

Although something good did come out of that! Kyle said it looks like someone has reached into my tongue and pushed all the veins out to the sides. He said my tongue is completely clear of veins for a decent amount down the center of my tongue

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast