Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a tongue split.

I'm a fool. But it is fun.

32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

it's lookng really good
    how long does it take for a tongue split to fully heal? I'm assuming round about 6 weeks or something like that or is it more?
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Looks fabulous...hows it affecting speech?
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Your tongue looks more flexible than mine already! I must say, I'm jealous. Damn my short stubby tongue :p

Thaaank you

Healing.. same as a piercing I think? I can't remember what he said!

I have a slight lisp and have a tiiiny bit of trouble pronouncing letters where the tip of the tongue would touch the back of my teeth, like d and t etc. And "shh" sounds.. like in 'detention'. In words like that, only the left side of my tongue touches the roof of my mouth xD
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I can't imagine what being able to move your tongue(s) in different directions must feel like.. too cool!

Im fascinated.can I ask why you went for it, what were your personal reasons for it?
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Scarred_pierced

I really really want my tongue split now, they just look so awesome. Congrats!

Wellll it's now day 7 (will only be a week old on Sunday! Wow..).

Other than the morning of day 2 and day 3, I never had to work it apart. Until this morning! But it came apart super easy and didn't hurt the slightest, during or after. So all is good!

For the past.. 3 or 4 days it's had like.. a white film type thing over the "cut" parts.. the insides of the tongue. I thought it was plaque building up and was super icky so I put some gloves on and tried to clean it off. Apparently it's not! I'm guessing it's the tongue-super-wet-area version of a scab because it won't budge. The little bit I managed to pull off hurt a LOT and started bleeding then the white part came back so.. tongue scab?! I don't know. It started off all over the "cut parts" inside and is slowly decreasing and, where it was and now isn't, the tongue looks healthy and.. healed? So that makes me think it's a scab all the more!

I was meant to be seeing Kyle yesterday when I went in for my tattoo but Nick had to cancel so I'll be seeing him when I reschedule. I've never been able to find a detailed experience of the healing of a tongue split, or photos, so all of this is totally alien to me!

I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.