Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nipple Piercing: Barbell or Ring?

Bcr in mine. Just stretched up to 3.2mm last night so a little tender this morning. Oh its a 15mm ring
    1.6mm right helix
    1.6mm and 2mm left ear lobe
    3.2mm left nipple
    4mm PA

Hello
    I think that Start with a ring. It's easier to keep clean.The nipple tissue is soft enough that the matter of fistula formation isn't an issue. ("fistula" is the name for the tunnel your body creates around the piercing.)Once you're fairly well healed, change to the barbell if you're a girl. It looks so much better and you'll still get the benefit of having your nipples pierced.Piercing both sides looks best, and you'll be VERY, VERY happy you did it

Having had experience of both rings and barbells, it's mixed, really. Rings are likely to get caught a lot easier I find and barbells just heal better.

Quote Originally Posted by promsandweddings View Post
    Hello
    I think that Start with a ring. It's easier to keep clean.The nipple tissue is soft enough that the matter of fistula formation isn't an issue. ("fistula" is the name for the tunnel your body creates around the piercing.)Once you're fairly well healed, change to the barbell if you're a girl. It looks so much better and you'll still get the benefit of having your nipples pierced.Piercing both sides looks best, and you'll be VERY, VERY happy you did it
    No. They pull crusties into the fresh piercing, the movement will irritate it, and just no. Start with a barbell (not sure how old this thread is so apologies if its from years ago).

And when it is healed, its completely up to you. Nothing is 'better' for everyone. Its personal preference.
    Current Piercings: tragus, rook, daith, conch, lobes x 2, VCH, right nipple

Previous Piercings : nose x 2, lip x 2, tounge, helix, left nipple, smiley, 3 x chest md's, anti-tragus, high HCH

Want: lots more holes in my ears!!

I suppose I can honestly only reflect on my own experience - not knowing anyone else with pierced nipples, I have two barbells and they've healed quite easily, when pierced in the past I had rings which did catch on things.

M
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

Barbells all the way! I used to be absolutely disgusted with nipple piercings, because I thought rings were the standard. When I saw barbells, I just had to have 'em. :3
    The barbells healed so nicely, and were easy to clean during a week of bleeding following the piercing. I've hardly had them two months and they're probably the least fussy piercings I've ever had. They were done with BioPlast though, which may have something to do with their nice and compliant healing. :3
    Gawsh, I couldn't think about the rings flipping around during the healing period... Yikes.
    Piercings:
    Current: four lobes, one industrial, one cartilage, nipples (horizontal), top navel.
    Retired: two lobes, one cartilage. (Turns out I'm prone to cysts. Cool mom. Thanks.)

Tattoos:
    Ambrigram, inner arm
    Tree of Gondor, foot

I just got my done 16Apr12 with barbells and they are awesome im glad i went with the barbells and not the rings.

Since this is a question of one vs. the other, I was wondering if someone could help me with my issue.

I have had my nipples pierced for about 11 years with hoops, I changed them yesterday to bioplast barbells. Now they are really sore.
    I do believe I heard somewhere that the piercings would have healed curved (due to the hoops) and would need some time to adjust to straight bars.
    Is this likely the case?

I always use a barbell.
    I also prefer the look, gorgeous, so... sparkly looking.

^ Also, true about not using a BCR. Not very good with a healing piercing, the movement of the ring will irritate the healing. I know, because I'm healing my damn cartilage with 'em! LOL! :p

Quote Originally Posted by tattooed_mom View Post
    Since this is a question of one vs. the other, I was wondering if someone could help me with my issue.

I have had my nipples pierced for about 11 years with hoops, I changed them yesterday to bioplast barbells. Now they are really sore.
    I do believe I heard somewhere that the piercings would have healed curved (due to the hoops) and would need some time to adjust to straight bars.
    Is this likely the case?
    I'm not really sure... because the amount of bar on a CBR going through the nip is the same as a barbell... and it's straight basically.
    Last edited by Lolarofl; 04-22-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooed_mom View Post

Is this likely the case?
    I had this when I changed mine once, pain lasted about 4 days.
    Equipped with: Apadravya & Ampallang(Magic Cross), P.A, Helix, Septum and Tongue
    No longer equipped: Both Nipples, Ear lobe and numerous Eyebrow piercings

Wishlist: Guiche, Frenum, Nipples, Labret and Ear Stretch

Tattoos: Left upper arm Oriental Sleeve, Right upper arm Tribal Arm Band and Tribal Sun, also Start of Tribal inspired Biotech design.

Wishlist: LOTS!

Facebook

Tumblr

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast