Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labret piercing problem

Default Labret piercing problem

So i have my Labret piercing for 5 weeks and it has starting developing something from the inside of the mouth. I think it is trying to cover the stud, but i am going to upload some pictures i took with and without the jewelerry.

With the Jewelerry
    Code:
    i42.tinypic.com/2ivct91.jpg
    Without the jewellery
    Code:
    i40.tinypic.com/34yuqef.jpg
    Any ideas of what to do? I am a little worried.

When I got my lip done my piercer warned about that, it's the skin trying to grow over, not sure of the technical term. You are supposed to remove it while it is in it's early stages, if it is too thick it will have to be surgically removed.

It's a common thing to happen but it looks a bit icky in that 2nd pic so I'll wait for someone else to comment who has a bit more knowledge but taking the jewellery in and out isn't going to help it much either.

How have you been looking after it?
    What's the bar made from?
    Is it too long or short?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

@Aquakitty I am pretty sure i can chew it off with a little pain. Should I? *Edit* *No way it's painfull*
    @redraven It is the original bar, i haven't changed it. I think it is Surgical steel. It is longish. Long enough i can see the bar. I have been taking it after with lukewarm salt solution and hospital saline. Also some hydrogen peroxide for the outside.

Okay, go back to a good piercer, get them to check the bar is the right size as too long and it will irritate. Get titanium or PTFE in there as steel can cause a reaction. Stop with the peroxide, that will do nothing but irritate it. Salt solution and saline are the same thing, at 5 weeks normally you won't have to be as religious with cleaning so either a rinse after eating with saline or non alcoholic mouthwash will be fine.

Information on your piercing and how to look after it is here. But get a piercer to downsize, they should have offered the downsize as part of the piercing process.

Also keep the jewellery in, taking it out and putting it back in again will damage the healing fistula and set you way back in the healing process.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I was thinking of buying something like this
    bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/titanium_bar_closure_ring_16mm_ti_glow_5025602.cfm
    as to avoid the labret closing in my skin, do you think it is better? Any way i can find out my piercing's gauge?
    Also, what is downsize? (English is not my native language)

No, keep with a labret, a ring will twist and spin. Please go and see a good piercer. Downsize = smaller sized labret fitted by a piercer.

OK, thank you very much! I'll go to my initial piercer, and if he can't do anything I'll try another one.
    *edit* I read somewhere that someone used salt solution and it just got back to normal. Should I try that? (I have kind of stopped treating it with salt solution after 4 weeks, and I am getting pretty sure that that is the problem)
    Last edited by Chrism; 12-18-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Good for you, if he can't put a shorter bar in then yes I'd find another piercer fast!

Check the other post out. I edited it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast